Ron's Winter G.B Sniper..."Flush 'im out, now!"... A 1/72 diorama.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Just a small update for you chaps...

I have finished painting the figures I need, so it's back to the farm I goes!

I am trying to imagine what a ruined building would look like after scavengers have removed anything worth having and nature and decay is doing the rest.

To that end I have altered and changed things as I came up with new ideas and a couple of bits I didn't like have been removed.......Started again really!

I am having great fun trying to create the look I require. I come back to it and come up with summat else to add, it's a hoot!!

After seeing John Huggins excellent crater, I'm even going to try and do a duck pond!

So here are a few shots of the house roof, garage doors, back door frame and the end barn wall, plus the end truss on the wall.

Cheers,

Ron

View attachment 38859

View attachment 38860

View attachment 38861

View attachment 38862

View attachment 38863

Winter G.B...Sniper 068.jpg

Winter G.B...Sniper 064.jpg

Winter G.B...Sniper 065.jpg

Winter G.B...Sniper 066.jpg

Winter G.B...Sniper 067.jpg

R

Richy C

Looking very nice Ron , hard to believe its 1/72 great work mate .

Richy

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Yes a cracking build so far Ron some great work going into it and a joy to see it coming together keep the pictures coming

P

phalinmegob

once again ron, you amaze me with your skill. just love that roof and gates.....look so bloody real.

P

Polux

Hi Ron!

This farm is amazing!! Congrads!!

Really nice job!!

Polux

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks boys for the encouraging comments, much appreciated..

Quietly building the barn roof.....

I made two more trusses, fitted these, fixed the purlins(made from Gern's stirring sticks, thanks Dave!) and used 1/16" strip balsa to spar out the roof. I intend to leave the roof detail exposed....thus far!

Next I will add more to the house and have a ponder about the surrounding walls.

Then I will start to bring the various parts of the dio. together and see what it looks like, crack a can, and see if I can come up with any ideas to add to the model.

Cheers,

Ron

View attachment 38926

Winter G.B...Sniper 069.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
This is coming on a treat Ron.

Ian M

J

John Huggins

Top notch Ron if mine is half as good ill be a happy man.

John

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Fantastic work ron matey, just goes to show you cant keep a good joiner down!!! cheers tony

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Nice to see my gifts aren't wasted Ron! This is coming on a treat and I'm enjoying watching the progress.

Gern

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thank you for the input folks, it makes for great reading.

Ian, thanks for your feedback. Good stuff.

John, I appreciate your praise but remember this 'aint no competition and all the 'Sniper' builds will line up on the same shelf as equal.......

Tony, thanks mate, tell you what though, it's bloody hard work cutting 1/16" spars with my trusty roofers chain saw!!!

Dave, I'm glad to be able to use the stirrers you generously handed out at Cosford, and all legitimately aquired (or so you told us!)

Cheers all,

Ron

R

rogue-one

hi ron. this is all coming along great! the house walls, the wood store, the roofing, everything. brilliant, it's all such detailed small work. i'm gonna watch all this carefully and get plenty of tips!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Glad you approve Bobby and I hope it is going to be of some use to you....

I have just realised I missed out a portion of the build, as a consequence the photos are a bit out of order. This set is just before I tiled the main roof and fixed the chimney.

The general shot shows the barn loose fitted into the stone gable of the house.

I had an idea to just tile a bit of the Barn roof to add a bit more to the overall feel of the place being abandoned. Also, I have realised I haven't included any shots of the house, so here is one for starters! This is just the basic look of the front of the building, loads to do yet, but it's starting to look a bit sad now, bless!

At the moment, the model is sat on a cork notice board...I was going to use this as the yard, but I don't like it, so I will put it on summat else!

My next step will be the yard outer walls and get stuck into getting the house and barn, add some detail to try and really make it look trashed and abandoned.

I'm surprised just how quickly this is going together. I'm not rushing, but everything is just flowing along nicely....it's great fun to do, and I don't think I've enjoyed a build so much in quite some time!

Sorry for the mix up in continuity fellas....

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Ron

View attachment 38986

View attachment 38987

View attachment 38988

Winter G.B...Sniper 025.jpg

Winter G.B...Sniper 020.jpg

Winter G.B...Sniper 021.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Every time I look in on this thread I am amazed. Great work Ron.

Ian M

G

Gomer Pyle

Is flabbergasted a good word? It's the only one I can think of when I see this.

/Daniel

D

dm73

Afternoon young Ron, thought i'd sit down with a cuppa and catch up on the forum, have just read your thread from start to finish and am gobsmacked at the level of detail you've done, looking forward to the next instalment.

Regards

Darren

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Just got back from a few days away and it's good to see the progress being made on the other dioramas for this G.B.

Also I have just read your posts on my effort.....

Thanks ever so much chaps, I really appreciate you all taking the time to look and post such nice comments.

Next up, I will have a try and have a quiet go at the yard walls (again!) and start to add a bit of rubble ect.

Thanks again,

Ron

C

CDW

I'm going to nick Daniels comment ....... flabbergasted!!!!

1/72 scale ..... jeeez .... you got bionic eyes or summot ? :smiling3: :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks John and Colin for your enthusiastic posts!lol Good stuff.....

I have finally decided what to do with the yard walls, also I have found a place for the wood shed.

I have made a start adding some detail, logs for the shed and started on the rubble and grass.

Still loads to do and who knows, perhaps some more ideas or alterations? I'm really enjoying my first steps into this different side to our hobby.....

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Ron

View attachment 39435

View attachment 39436

Winter G.B...Sniper 031.jpg

Winter G.B...Sniper 027.jpg