Rosemary Brushes

D

Deleted member 5496

I've tried most always liked the W&N No 7, had excellent service from Rosemary, then found these. To me they are perfection, nice and short. Not cheap but to me well worth the expense. Clean after each use with the brush soap .

View attachment 417688
Look nice nice John as you say not cheap.Cut out lunch for the week.

Laurie

• Haha
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Look nice nice John as you say not cheap.Cut out lunch for the week.

Laurie
They are tiny John!
Hi Laurie and Tim, these I treat with respect. Tiny yes in length as well as size think if you ever tried them you would always use for those tricky paint jobs. I used them for detail on equipment and uniforms.
Alas no mater how I try the faces seem to outwit me.:crying:

D

Deleted member 5496

Hi Laurie and Tim, these I treat with respect. Tiny yes in length as well as size think if you ever tried them you would always use for those tricky paint jobs. I used them for detail on equipment and uniforms.
Alas no mater how I try the faces seem to outwit me.:crying:
Yes they look good John. At the moment there seems to be a dearth of them. Where did you get yours ?

Faces wow they are difficult. On 1/72 & 1/48 I just put in a streak for eyebrows & a slight shadow on one side of the nose. Maybe a slight colour on the lips but not red never looks right. Best for me is minimal & very thin colour.

Laurie

Last edited by a moderator:

gothicgeek

SMF Supporter
First Name
mark
Not tried 401s Mark. I use series 93s which are fantastic in the smaller sizes. I find that once you get above size 2 though they don’t really hold the point. What is the point and snap like on the 401s? might be worth me trying a couple of those for the larger sizes?
I've just ordered a couple of 93s with my order from rosemary and Co.
:smiling3:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Yes they look good John. At the moment there seems to be a dearth of them. Where did you get yours ?

Faces wow they are difficult. On 1/72 & 1/48 I just put in a streak for eyebrows & a slight shadow on one side of the nose. Maybe a slight colour on the lips but not red never looks right. Best for me is minimal & very thin colour.

Laurie
Evil bay Laurie
Barginartistshop

Da Vinci Micro-Maestro Kolinsky Red Sable Brush Set - Miniatures, Model Maker
( 283242242414 )
ITEM PRICE:
£31.99

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Interested to see how the red dot jobs work out Bobby. They are the new synthethics aren’t they?