Rotary Tools for Modelling

Bobby Conkers

Sausage Fingers
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
What are you doing with three fleshlights? :tongue-out2:
Pete
A browse of their website will answer that pretty swiftly*.

*Other marriage-destroying internet browser histories are available. "I wanted to build a Liberator model darling" may not be acceptable in Court.

First Name
Noel
I think that the actor who played Avon in Blake's 7 died fairly recently. As far a models of the Liberator to I can only remember a tiny die cast and plastic model that my kids had way back. It may have been made by Corgi? As far as I know there have been no plastic kits made of this spacecraft. I have a feeling that it may be one of Mat Irvine's creations when he worked as a special effects model maker for the BBC. There was also a tiny diecast of Buck Rogers spacecraft around when the series aired. I think that there was a plastic kit issued by Monogram as well.

First Name
Carl
I think that the actor who played Avon in Blake's 7 died fairly recently. As far a models of the Liberator to I can only remember a tiny die cast and plastic model that my kids had way back. It may have been made by Corgi? As far as I know there have been no plastic kits made of this spacecraft. I have a feeling that it may be one of Mat Irvine's creations when he worked as a special effects model maker for the BBC. There was also a tiny diecast of Buck Rogers spacecraft around when the series aired. I think that there was a plastic kit issued by Monogram as well.
Blake’s 7, there’s a blast from the past..

Bobby Conkers

Sausage Fingers
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy

Yes, Paul Darrow sadly passed away last year. Blake himself a few years earlier.

You are right, there was a Liberator Corgi die cast back in the day, hopelessly misscaled if I remember.

It never reached the international popularity to have a decent kit range sadly, despite having, in my opinion, a script far beyond other contemporaries. Doctor Whom me arse.

First Name
Noel
Anyone know what happened to the actress that played Servalan in Blake's 7? Do not know her real name but someone mentioned to me years and years ago that she had moved right down to St Ives in Cornwall?
The actress who played Soo Lin. Was it Glynis Barber who went on to play the Daily Mirror cartoon character Jane, and Harriet Makepeace in the Dempsey and Makepeace series. She went on to play a leading role in Eastenders more recently on TV.

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 5496

Anyone know what happened to the actress that played Servalan in Blake's 7? Do not know her real name but someone mentioned to me years and years ago that she had moved right down to St Ives in Cornwall?
The actress who played Soo Lin. Was it Glynis Barber who went on to play the Daily Mirror cartoon character Jane, and Harriet Makepeace in the Dempsey and Makepeace series. She went on to play a leading role in Eastenders more recently on TV.

No idea Noel.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Yes Noel , is this who you refer too.

Jacqueline Pearce was trained at RADA and at Lee Strasberg's Actors Studio in Los Angeles. For the fans who enjoyed her performance as Servalan in "Blake's Seven" this is her most notable role. See full bio »
Born:
December 20, 1943 in Byfleet, Surrey, England, UK
Died:
September 3, 2018 (age 74) in Lancashire, England, UK

First Name
Noel
John. Thanks for the feedback on Jaqueline Pearce. (Servalan from Blake's 7). From what little I can remember of Blake's 7, Blake himself was only in the series for a short time and Paul Darrow appeared to take on the leading role for the rest of the series.
The Liberator unfortunately was never kitted as a mainstream kit. I don't know if anyone made a resin or vac form of it though. Kit manufacturers can be a bit unpredictable. I think that MPC kitted the Cygnus from the Black Hole movie along with the good and bad robots from it. As far as I know the kits were only issued once shortly after the film was made. Maybe never re issued because of Disney copyright issues?

Bobby Conkers

Sausage Fingers
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
John. Thanks for the feedback on Jaqueline Pearce. (Servalan from Blake's 7). From what little I can remember of Blake's 7, Blake himself was only in the series for a short time and Paul Darrow appeared to take on the leading role for the rest of the series.
The Liberator unfortunately was never kitted as a mainstream kit. I don't know if anyone made a resin or vac form of it though. Kit manufacturers can be a bit unpredictable. I think that MPC kitted the Cygnus from the Black Hole movie along with the good and bad robots from it. As far as I know the kits were only issued once shortly after the film was made. Maybe never re issued because of Disney copyright issues?
As far as most fans of the series are concerned, Avon and Servalan were the stars. Blake was a fairly two-dimensional (and two-series only) anti-hero, but Avon and The Big Baddie were, in my opinion, the finest characters ever written into sci-fi, at least in terms of dialogue (we ignore the abysmal 70s karate chops). Just a browse through his quotes is a joy.

I've used this so often, particularly when talking to a certain President's supporters:

Vila:
I'm entitled to my opinion.

Avon:
It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

Hinouravle mention for "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care, or, indeed, why it should be necessary to prove it at all."