Royal Max Air Wand

J

James Robert Noble

Just picked up the RoyalMax AB134 Airbrush as my previous Airbrush had failed. At £20 from Ebay it comes with 0.2, 0.3 and 0.5mm Nozzles. Has anyone used this Kit? Any good?
Best Regards
James.

20191211_164931.jpg

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I've bought similar kits to this. All of mine have stopped working, but to be fair, I suspect that's due to seal failures caused by using cellulose thinners as a cleaning agent. Apparently this is a recognised issue with some of these cheaper A/Bs.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I've only used the water-based acrylics in my chinese airbrushes, and never had any problems with leakage through seals. I don't use any harsh cleaners, generally a mild liquid soap, and every now and then, deep clean them in an ultrasonic cleaner. The needles are rather fragile, and bend very easily, and they can be a bit rough - I generally grind mine on a porcelain tile ( I use Jewellers Rouge, but toothpaste can be pretty effective. ), this can really improve the performance. They aren't as slick as an Iwata, H&S, or Badger airbrush, but of course you are only paying around 1/5 the price. I still use mine for prime coats, and overall basecoats - good for learning the basics
Dave

J

James Robert Noble

Thanks for the feedback guys! Very much appreciated. My last one was a Veda which lasted quite a while so I thought I try another Chinese one for cheapness. Had a wee blast of it tonight on a spare wheel for my latest model and so far so good. Thanks for the performance tip Dave, I will try that. :thumb2:

20191211_181042.jpg20191211_182714.jpg

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I get mine for about £7 each and bin them after a couple of models. The problem I have is that, like everyone else, I have a busy life and there have been too many occasions when I have too shoot off and live life and totally forget to clean out the airbrush. Days later I return to the bench only to find an airbrush clogged up with dried out paint. I think I would die if I brought a £100 airbrush and did that to it.

D

Deleted member 7181

James, I have a similar one, but gravity fed. It was my first airbrush and is still working fine, despite having the 0.2mm nozzle and a 0.3mm bent needle fitted :smiling5:

For some reason it won't work at all with the 0.3mm nozzle or 0.5mm nozzle/needle combo, but for £20 I'm not arguing.

J

James Robert Noble

That sounds like an Airbrush with real character Andy! Keep that one for as long as possible!

I totally get that Steve! Life can get in the way of our hobby!

I was at a couple of family get togethers a few weeks back and kept thinking of my Italeri Bedford Truck Build! :tears-of-joy:

Couldn't wait for my next bench session! :nerd: