RP Models -75mm Mounted Kuthulun with Snow Leopard

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Latest from RP models is this resin model of Kuthulun Wiki Link here running with a Snow Leopard. Model available from SK Miniatures . Only 300 will be made for world wide distribution;

PRICE in UK: £76 plus £5 (1st Class signed) P&P =£81
PRICE Europe: £76 plus £10 (Signed Airmail) P&P = £86
PRICE Outside Europe: £76 plus £12 (Signed Airmail) = £88

By the way I have no affiliation with either RP Models or SK Miniatures.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg9.jpg

Quality looks stunning just like their 75mm Parthia Catafratari i am painting here

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Went to see Hugo and Nuno at Telford, such wonderful and friendly guys. had a great chat with Hugo, who let me see a few of the models in the pipeline for this and next year. We also chatted about the Kuthulun model they had on the stand, which looked large for 75mm. Hugo explained that there was a slight misunderstanding with the caster and 60 were made at 120mm instead of 75mm. They decided to keep these 60 and sell them to cover the caster costs, as a good friend to both Hugo and Nuno (Now thats friendship), most of which had already been sold. Luckily for me , they had kept me one back if i wanted to buy it. Took about 2 seconds to say yes please. Its a massive piece and will be a joy to paint. Its gone to Lapland now ready for Santa to deliver for Christmas day, so will be next years first project.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Very impressive detailing - that will be quite some piece at 120mm !

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Oh it is , its massive !

The email notification states this was posted at 07:21 (from the future!) - so I dont suppose you know this weeks winning lottery numbers :smiling5:

• Haha
Reactions: JR

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
I wish :smiling5:

Have previously reported the dodgy clock to John but he couldn't find a way to correct it

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That is a beauty.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I will look out for this one when you start. And dont forget to glue the rider in the saddle this time and you might get that Golden gong.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I wish :smiling5:

Have previously reported the dodgy clock to John but he couldn't find a way to correct it
Have you checked the time setting in your settings. You cant alter the actual time but you might be in a different time zone.
Also not sure but your PC time might have something to do with things...

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi Ian - nothing wrong with my time settings. Site settings are still set on London

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Very nice Steve, and I'm glad you could get One. Looking forward to seeing you work your magic on it.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
that's digital sculpting for you- raising the bar beyond the reach of us mere ANALOG scuptors.
and the reason why it can be 3D printed and cast in different scales
welcome to the future!

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
that's digital sculpting for you- raising the bar beyond the reach of us mere ANALOG scuptors.
and the reason why it can be 3D printed and cast in different scales
welcome to the future!

Dont profess to know how the whole casting /printing thing works. but dont think its 3d printed as such, as no lines anywhere as found on 3d printed figures i have seen before. may have misunderstood you though :smiling:

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Dont profess to know how the whole casting /printing thing works. but dont think its 3d printed as such, as no lines anywhere as found on 3d printed figures i have seen before. may have misunderstood you though :smiling:
there's no way that mail texture was sculpted by hand.....
3D printing is much better now than it was even 2 or 3 years ago- if you can afford the right printer!

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Yup printing is now reversed with the sculpt forming submerged. Much smoother texture. Friend just showed me a video on a Terminator 3D printed sculpt up to painting.

That is one fine piece to paint Steve.

Cheers,
Richard

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Yup printing is now reversed with the sculpt forming submerged. Much smoother texture. Friend just showed me a video on a Terminator 3D printed sculpt up to painting.

That is one fine piece to paint Steve.

Cheers,
Richard
Is that video on youtube ?

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Long story short, but ; took my daughter to Birmingham airport at 3.30 this morning, so was in work at 5am so only had to work till 1pm. So while my wife is still enjoying her well-deserved break away with some friends (she works for Severn Hospice in the care in the home team), thought I would dry fit a few pieces together so you can get a feel for the size of the thing before it gets locked up with Santa till Christmas;

20191111_132304.jpg20191111_132411.jpg20191111_132951.jpg20191111_132955.jpg20191111_133000.jpg20191111_133015.jpg20191111_133019.jpg

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Steve, Yes it is and here it is. 3D Hope it works.

Cheers,
Richard