Russian Uniform

F

Fenlander

Russian field camp. Can anyone explain the significance of the blue trousers on two of the 'soldiers'?

B

bikerbart

Paul, that pic youve put up of the Ruskie...im sure thats "Pike" from Dad's Army lol. :smiling:

F

Fenlander

"Don't tell them your name Pike!" One of the greatest comic lines ever.

He does indeed look a bit like Pike but, do you think he could also be the same chap as the one sat down on the left of my picture??? They could be brothers if not (apart from the blue trousers)

I'm afraid I don't know what the blue trousers mean - the khaki ones are in the wash?
Class Paul :laughing:

B

bikerbart

"Don't tell them your name Pike!" One of the greatest comic lines ever.

Could not agree more Graham...comedy at its very best. Just had another look at your pic, your right they do look very similar. :smiling:

PJP

Peter/Pedro/Hey you
First Name
Peter
Graham

Reading up for info on a potential build for the Summer GB shows that the blue trousers are Cavalry.

It seems that cavalry wore blue strides, but as is always the case, it was an exclusive but not an absolute rule.

The Osprey book also says that uniforms were only uniform in the sense that they were issued.

Colour and styles varied enormously through-out the period within boundaries.

Peter

N

norm

In a zvezda Russian infantry set I have, the officer is wearing blue pants, I think that is the reason.