Ryefield Models M1240A1 M-ATV

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thanks Bob
That clay wash is certainly effective. As Tim says it does look useful. When you're happy I suppose it has to be sealed in with a coat of varnish.
Jim

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Not necessarily Jim, as long as it stays dry it will stay put.

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Afternoon all. :smiling3:

After a fairly horrendous start to the year I finally got back to the bench this week. This build was pretty much done bar fitting the last few bits, but one job was to sort out the PE ratchet straps, which turned out to be a massive pain in the rear end. With those done I got the stowage installed and strapped down.

51877379389_ba1c63e451_c.jpg

51877064121_f1fd8f279d_c.jpg

With that done I glued on the last few bits, finished pics here.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Having seen the finished build I rushed over here and read the build thread start to finish.
What a beast of a kit. The detail is amazing and you have done yourself proud Bob. The Motor is a work of art and quite right to show it off.
All the interior looks lived in and the weathering, thus far is excellent. Even though I did gasp a bit on seeing the pictures of it covered in clay washes!! I have sprayed pigments befor as well but the way you just went at it was a bit more (like 200%) than I have ever used. But oh does it look good now you have 'cleaned her up a bit'.

Excellent work Bob.