S model 1/72 3.7 cm PaK 36 Auf Renault UE build (Simon T tribute group build)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Just had a catch upon this Tim- my that is small!
Looks great though and a nice interesting little off-the-beaten-track subject.
Like the Bren Carrier too
Thanks Neil. Yes it is LOL. I thought it was a fitting subject for the group build....I might even be able to get some pewter in....
Thanks for the kind comment abou5 the Bren carrier as well. That is out of the box PSC.....the only thing that lets them down a bit is the tracks...but at least they aren’t rubber bands!

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Evenin` Tim,
I`d missed this until now and have just had a good old read up!
What a weird little contraption that is all cobbled together...... you gotta love `em :nerd: !
Great start,and progress,i must say Sir...... and in that scale it`s even more impressive:cool:! i shall be following along all the way....
Andy,
(P.S. That Carrier looks great mate,but the Figures in particular are SUPERB..... considering their scale they really are a WOW factor!!! :blow-kiss-2:).

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Evenin` Tim,
I`d missed this until now and have just had a good old read up!
What a weird little contraption that is all cobbled together...... you gotta love `em :nerd: !
Great start,and progress,i must say Sir...... and in that scale it`s even more impressive:cool:! i shall be following along all the way....
Andy,
(P.S. That Carrier looks great mate,but the Figures in particular are SUPERB..... considering their scale they really are a WOW factor!!! :blow-kiss-2:).
Hi Andy. Glad you like ‘em. They did something similar with captured universal carriers and also fitted them with captured Russian guns.....
Glad you like the carrier as well. The figures are honestly really easy. When I do the crew on these I’ll try to remember an SBS of the trickier bits...

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That would be educational for me as well..........I am always amazed at the results folks get in the larger scales of figure painting. Not only would your painting techniques be valuable but also the materials and brushes, preparations......I would be front row for that Sir.

Rick H.:thumb2:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Tim
I'm more than impressed. I have been moaning about my 1/72 SU-100 being small but compared to this it is positively huge. Very neat work and all credit to scratch detail on this. Figures are great.
Jim

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That would be educational for me as well..........I am always amazed at the results folks get in the larger scales of figure painting. Not only would your painting techniques be valuable but also the materials and brushes, preparations......I would be front row for that Sir.

Rick H.:thumb2:
Nice of you to call this a larger scale Rick LOL..... I’ll be sure to show the figure painting.....

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Tim
I'm more than impressed. I have been moaning about my 1/72 SU-100 being small but compared to this it is positively huge. Very neat work and all credit to scratch detail on this. Figures are great.
Jim
Thanks Jim.. Glad you like the figures. Even an SU100 is small in this scale......

D

Deleted member 6559

Still looking tiny Tim. I made the Tamiya 1/35 version once and I thought that was small. Fine work that man.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Still looking tiny Tim. I made the Tamiya 1/35 version once and I thought that was small. Fine work that man.
Just call me Mr Myopic Peter :tongue-out3: I suppose it’s a bit bigger than the figures I usually paint.

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Lovely work Tim. You are beating this kit into submission and its sooooo tiny. Great to see

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi all
Here is an update on the portee PaK36.

73215FC8-A99D-4A98-BE4A-751167DAF506.jpeg
cradle made up, looks really rough here, but it’s not that bad in real life, honest. There is just about room for the driver to see underneath the cross beam (probably a rail sleeper)..
E9ED192A-A61A-470C-829D-FA79D060597D.jpeg
Front three quarter showing the improvements on the exhaust.
5D5528EF-41AF-4087-995F-F4732D38F2D3.jpeg
Gun truck, showing addition of lifting handles. There weren’t any in the kit, and they are needed because that’s where it will be tied down.
DB8CAE47-7055-4B6C-A87E-DFA0805188C9.jpeg
Here is how the truck fits on the carrier. The recoil spades fit against the back of the carrier box, and the rear plank keeps the gun level. The driver can’t get in and out easily I would think. Coupled with the lack of vision it’s not a job that I would want!
2303CA0F-8B38-4F4B-8D12-C8C0DC113723.jpeg
Here are the crew figures. Left hand two are Zvezda and will be used on the portee. Right hand two are PSC, and will be used with the OOB version, operating the gun by standing behind.

Lastly, a comment in two pictures....
73192708-264A-43B4-A5B4-53BAFB60A13E.jpeg
The build bench, after a quick tidy. How can somethings small make such a mess!

59A8D42C-A8F0-4202-ABCF-5D3355B9C815.jpeg
In comparison, the paint bench is clean, tidy, and organised. And......this is how it stays! How can the two tasks be so different?

Hope this update is useful.....I think these kits are starting to drive me myopic by the way :tongue-out3:
Cheers all
Tim

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
For some stupid reason i have missed this superb build Tim, my need to apologise.

How on earth can you do such work when so small!!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
For some stupid reason i have missed this superb build Tim, my need to apologise.

How on earth can you do such work when so small!!
Hi Bob. No need to apologise, there is a lot going on here at the moment! As to the size, well it’s all relative. This is many times bigger than the tool clips you were putting on your stug.......

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
You call that a mess? That's like most desks after the tidy up. More fantastic micro work Jim. Simply outstanding.
Mum, he’s calling me Jim again LOL.....really pleased you like it Peter. Seems to be taking a while to be honest. As to the desk, there isn’t that much going on, but it seems to take a shedload of tools and bits from everywhere!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice conversion TIM..........the gun fits really well and I can't wait for you to get to the fig painting. Rick H.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Only one word to say to this WOW :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
Agree about the drivers position, bet he'd wished he'd been the gunner .

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice conversion TIM..........the gun fits really well and I can't wait for you to get to the fig painting. Rick H.
Hi Rick. Yes, the gun looks like it was made for this , fits perfectly......perhaps that’s why the Germans made so many? Figure painting in a little while, got to finish the build first.....