S model 1/72 3.7 cm PaK 36 Auf Renault UE build (Simon T tribute group build)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That brush cleaning pot really shows the scale, and how detailed you have managed to do and paint. Hat off Tim.
Worthy indeed of the.

2020_5a.jpg

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
I thought I had posted but I've just realised I haven't; I can only agree with the universal praise being heaped upon you sir!
Very impressive indeed

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well,i`m in Neil`s boat here,(Nudge up mate!),
I`ve just had a great 20mins or so read up on this Tim,and thoroughly enjoyed it i must say :thumb2: ,the hints and tips along the way are very useful indeed,(I`ve used that same brush cleaner for years now-good stuff innit!),and i shall be using the ones on figure painting very soon:hugging-face:,
The details you`ve achieved are something else,and i could sit and gaze at the first completed piece for AGES!!
Top,TOP stuff,
Andy:cool:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Well,i`m in Neil`s boat here,(Nudge up mate!),
I`ve just had a great 20mins or so read up on this Tim,and thoroughly enjoyed it i must say :thumb2: ,the hints and tips along the way are very useful indeed,(I`ve used that same brush cleaner for years now-good stuff innit!),and i shall be using the ones on figure painting very soon:hugging-face:,
The details you`ve achieved are something else,and i could sit and gaze at the first completed piece for AGES!!
Top,TOP stuff,
Andy:cool:
Wow, thanks Andy. Fulsome praise indeed. To be totally honest, most of that detail is provided by the kit, I’ve just brought it out by painting.
As to the brush cleaner...Masters by name and Masters by nature I’d say!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi all
Here is the out of the box job. All I have added to this is the crew, the machine pistol, the stowage, and covered in the rear box....everything else is straight from the kit.
347B2DFB-CC78-4AA5-90EC-76E447682643.jpeg
F05E5547-8FD8-4A7D-91EF-72EA1264C7BB.jpeg
90283C81-19C9-4219-B13A-D8A02BD7F266.jpeg
Next job is basing, so I will only post one or two of those, they will be posted in the finished group build shots.

If you can find them, these kits are lovely. I would recommend then without hesitation!

As always, any questions or comments are welcome.

Cheers all, hope I didn’t bore you too much!

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi all
Here is the out of the box job. All I have added to this is the crew, the machine pistol, the stowage, and covered in the rear box....everything else is straight from the kit.
View attachment 410576
View attachment 410577
View attachment 410578
Next job is basing, so I will only post one or two of those, they will be posted in the finished group build shots.

If you can find them, these kits are lovely. I would recommend then without hesitation!

As always, any questions or comments are welcome.

Cheers all, hope I didn’t bore you too much!
Tim,

I have a comment if you don't mind......

..... Bloody brilliant!!

Can't wait to see it finished.

ATB.

Andrew

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Great stuff Tim!

That does look to be a cracking little kit and you've made a lovely job of it.
Many thanks to you as well Andy. The kit is indeed a little jewel in its own right.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Last couple of shots. There are more in the tribute build thread.
7BB2CCB0-DE5C-4215-956E-877C313DD67C.jpeg
8E777CCC-9028-4CEC-835F-EE655DE29918.jpeg
Groundwork was pretty simple. It was papier mache powder, mixed with fifty fifty water and PVA and earth coloured powder paint. When dry it was drybrushed with Vallejo deck tan, and then washed with Vallejo game colour sepia wash. After that it was flocked with three Javis flock mixes, rough pasture, dark green, and light green to make sure there wasnt a mowed lawn appearance. Lastly it was dressed with some Javis ground foam and some Warpainter tufts.
As these are gaming pieces I went for a slightly over the top ground effect, rather than dead scale so they stand out on the table.
Cheers all, and thanks for the support.
Tim

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Forgot to say...the track and front/back areas of the vehicles has also had a dusting of pigments....