Steven

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Thanks gents
I can not say that I am impressed by the quality of eureka parts in thier tow cable set specifically the resin parts I have broken three of them and I am by no means being heavy-handed
I have ordered another brand and to add further details to the tail I have added a chain
20230203_140409.jpg20230208_071749.jpg

Steven

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
just to show there's stille some life in this build which nears its two - year anniversary:
some progress on the figs
this guy just needs a wash to soften the woodland camo a bit
YPC24c1.jpg

SosMGIR.jpg

this guy has had the helmet and skin parts painted and the scarf around hos neck is primed ( it took me a good while to actually notice that these guys are in Cold /Wet suits ...)

xtSA8K7.jpg

Steven

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
thanks guys
Good Afternoon Gents and happy Easter.

Don’t know whether the term “progress” is applicable for the build at the moment but stuff has happened and some items even glued down…..

Towing cable broke loose and I took the opportunity to move it from the back to the front.
x5qmEw8.jpg

Shells charges and crates are glued.
Supplies still loose and I have added a box of soft drinks – same as the figs are drinking- to the crate to add some color to a somewhat monochromatic look
prhhERI.jpg
gu09fv7.jpg

The little scene at the front where a bearing in one of the roadwheels is leaking grease:
I have made a piece of cloth where some tools will be laid out handy. This is not a case of me showing a major overhaul but rather tools to do some light inspection work on the bearing by loosening the bolts on the hubcap or maybe loosening some other stuff. The idea is to show that several tasks Loading supplies and ammo light repairs etc. have been abandoned in favor of drinking a beverage and tanking silly pics:
IU2KbYz.jpg
dQUV6ER.jpg

DIY stand- off armor has been given first coat of pigments
lEBBX0G.jpg
l4NVBjU.jpg

I made a wooden frame
a9w3XL1.jpg

thanks for watching

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Incredible amount of detail which lifts the whole dio to a different level. It may be slow but quality always takes time.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Ditto what Jim and Scottie said.......stuff going on everywhere! :thumb2:

Steven

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Hello lads
there's life in this build, in fact I am rapidly(.well....) approaching the completion of this dio. What remains is essentially pigments and sorting som minor details - oh, and a title - se below
These pics of last minute details (the corrugated iron) and mounting of figures will be last before the next post from me will be in the DONE section:thumb2::thumb2:
But first:
It not really a diorama before it has a title - help me decide

Subtitle is settled: "SAA T-72 "labna" ca 2013"

Main title has yet to be decided and have been shortlisted ( alternative suggestions are welcomed though) to:

1)"Taking a Break (and a Selfie)"
or
2)"Shirking"

I do plan to compete at nationals and regionals with this so the title is important
The story of the dio is about two of the crew leaving tasks (ammo and provisions loading , light maintenance) undone, in favour of goofing around and having a fizzy drink in a back area

1 does a good job of telling what its about but does spoon feed the story to the viewer - language is accessible to non native speakers
2 captures the essence of the story but has the disadvantage of might not be understood by the average non native speaker and is slightly more obscure.

captioned pics:

last minute space fillers:
LCTyJIE.jpg

JUlT0li.jpg

Added more broken gals to main IR - light to enhance damage
0HIcaux.jpg

Leak on roadwheel axle made clearer
06KsWYY.jpg

Figures mounted - I am pretty pleased with how the posing came out and filled an empty surface by adding an AK to the top crate.
wf4gcZA.jpg

KwyDLPF.jpg

Lads did do some work before starting to slack as evidenced by the empty 125 mm crates
JD5kejN.jpg

qdEHJcb.jpg

All for now - see you in the completed ...section

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Steven, that's an amazing dio. Wonderful modelling and an original staging too. :thumb2:
About the title:
# 2 fits best, but I have to concede that, as a non native speaker, I had to google for "Shierking", even if I had a vague feeling about its meaning.
# 1 is easily understandable to everyone but loses the "charm" of #2 .
What about "Shooting" or some other joke about "to shoot" ? :rolling:

Best wishes for your participation to modelling competitions; your competitors will have a hard time!

Andrea

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
beautiful dio Steve, the attention to the small details always impresses me when I look at a completed build... and this is brimming with details to feast my eyes on...

with regard to the name how's about ...Ready...Aim...Smile!!