SAAF T-6 completed

T

T. van Vuuren

Hi all.

After starting this 1/48 Italeri T-6 about 2 years ago I finaly managed to complete it.

It is painted in the collours of SAAF #6 sqn at Central Flying School at Dunotter. (before they were replaced by the Pilatus Pc-7)

The pilot is still a student pilot, hence the orrange playsuite LOL

He is climbing away after takeoff with the gear retracting and flaps set to half.

Look carefully and you will see the oil streak from the bottom of the cowl and the fuel stains behind the filler cap.

It was out the box build ecxept for AM decals, all humbroll paints.

It is interesting to note that the real planes would look nice only for a short time as the sun would turn the upper surface daglo light yellow ver fast.

Theuns

View attachment 32492

View attachment 32493

View attachment 32494

SAAF T-6 005.jpg

SAAF T-6 008.jpg

SAAF T-6 010.jpg

A

andygh

Wow, very professional paint job, wish I could do aircraft half as well

C

Caledonia

Hi Theuns, an excellent job, very neat build and paint job. Cheers Derek

T

T. van Vuuren

Thanx, but you give to much credit.It was just a case of carefull masking to get nice crisp lines on the daglow (wich took several coats to build up) and then to flat the whole thing down again with some 2000 waterpaper to get rid of that masking ridge.Some simple weathering and it looks a bit "used" LOL

I just hope the painting on the Me 109 trop will go so well with the fine mottling........

Theuns

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi theuns, its been a long time coming but its worth the wait! What a fantastic job, i know that dayglo is not easy , yours is perfect. The action style of the display stand is excellent, with the U/C just retracting , brilliant feeling of movement ,i love it!! 5* from me too , cheers tony

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Top job,it looks really good. Not the most attractive machine ever to take to the air!

Cheers

Steve