Salad dodger

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
What speculation?

I guess being an admin you can see more of my post than I can, as I only see the recounting of the facts from a concerned fan, who, unlike many it seems, noticed his absence from that very day.

Delete my account

Preferably all my content too
Don't do it Andy

Pete Low

SMF Supporter
First Name
P
What speculation?

I guess being an admin you can see more of my post than I can, as I only see the recounting of the facts from a concerned fan, who, unlike many it seems, noticed his absence from that very day.

Delete my account

Preferably all my content too
Hi Andy you know you can't speak your mind on here they don't like it, never mind it's almost playtime.

AlanG

JG300 'Wild Sau'
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Firstly like yourselves. I to am worried about Ron. But i am not going to speculate/mention possible causes until we know something factual.

As for the 'heavy handed moderation'. As far as i can see publicly and administratively. There has been NO moderation on this thread what-so-ever. Maybe what Ian typed has come across wrongly. As it can so many times on a forum. But as to what he was trying to say, i agree with. Lets not speculate/mention possible causes and instead just wish Ron a speedy healthy return.

When people decide to leave the forum it is because of two reasons. They either want to or they are removed by higher admin. If indeed ralph has left, then that's his bag. I for one have not seen any indication behind the scenes of any admin reasoning.

Now please let's all just get back to normal. I can assure you that Ron would be doing his nut in with all this nonsense.

Tim Marlow

SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
How many more members are we going to lose over heavy handed and insensitive moderating?
FFS!
Hi Neil
I agree that we have lost members over heavy handed moderation in the past, and I for one have certainly butted heads with some moderators. However, in this case I think there has been no heavy handedness from Ian, just a concern that we don’t let speculation get out of hand. Not sure why this has niggled Andy, but hope he reconsiders.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The drop the speculation comment I made was not aimed at any one person. But there are a good few that seam to assume the worse.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I think the irritating thing is that Ian has told us not to speculate after a fair bit of speculation himself.
Jon.
My 'speculation' is grounded in that having known Ron for a good many years. I know for a fact that he has a habit of going on holidays with his wife to get away from it all. It is a thing he has done for as long as I can remember. Speculation? meh.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I think that as this is such a friendly, supportive forum that when a very popular, regular poster goes off the radar we can't help it when bad thoughts cross our minds. I'm sure this is made worse by the current Covid situation and by the recent tragic death of Simon T.
Like Arnie, Ron will be back and wonder what all the fuss was about. :thumb2:
Jim

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Hi chaps.
First, I apologize for not keeping in touch with my buddies on here during my absence. Very remiss of me. Sorry.
To be honest, I didn't think my prolonged time away from S.M. would attract much attention, so it was nice to read of your concerns about my well being....

Nothing sinister or untoward and not much 'walkabout' either, but I won't go into the why's and wherefore's of my absence, as it would serve no purpose. Suffice to write all is well and I will hopefully, be back on track asap.

However, it saddens me that on my return to the forum, certain contents of this thread have gone the way of others in the past. Through a possible miss-interpretation of the written word, yet another member has left.....and I feel partly to blame. Just why folks go off on one I really can't understand. Especially over something so trivial.

I also apologize to the members who kindly p.m'd me in my absence. This is the first time I've been back on a computer (Any computer) for ages, so I will take a look at them straight after this post.

Plenty of builds to catch up on and if I miss any, I apologize right now.

To my friends on S.M, thanks for your concern and to certain others, 'You ain't got rid of my just yet!'

Your Servant.
Dr. Livingstone.
Fishing below Niagara Falls.