Sand weathering on a truck

L

Laurie

Some good examples John.

I just put into the browser what ever vehicle I need pictures of a a panel comes

up which you can expand with a hundred or so pictures. Like you I make sure I

can get near authenticity..

Looking for inspiration the other day and came across two pictures of the Supacat

Jackal I built and published pictures on this Forum. How they managed to get into

this lot of pictures I do not know. They actually had a caption Scale Model Forum.

Laurie

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Goes to show you how abrasive sand and wind can be, good piccies John.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Wouldn't it be nice if a model manufacturer took the plunge and started producing modern British military vehicle kits?

L

Laurie

\ said:
Wouldn't it be nice if a model manufacturer took the plunge and started producing modern British military vehicle kits?
Rick Airfix produce a good range. Landrover MK1K, Landrover Snatch, Supercat Jackal, Coyote, Warrior, Quad Bikes all of which performed in Afghanistan. Plus infantry to go with all of those. They also produce the Merlin and Lynx both of which were in Afghanistan. They are all of the new standard that Airfix have come up with.

Laurie

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
\ said:
Rick Airfix produce a good range. Landrover MK1K, Landrover Snatch, Supercat Jackal, Coyote, Warrior, Quad Bikes all of which performed in Afghanistan. Plus infantry to go with all of those. They also produce the Merlin and Lynx both of which were in Afghanistan. They are all of the new standard that Airfix have come up with.
Laurie
I know they produce the Herrick stuff but it's fairly limited in its use. I'd like to see stuff that I see on the motorways around the UK like the new MAN trucks, Pinzgauers, airfield support vehicles etc in 1/72-76 scale. It's wishful thinking but wouldn't it be nice to have a modern refuelling bowser to pose next to those 1/72 scale aircraft?

L

Laurie

Think you will in time Rick. Airfix seem to be expanding but I suppose it takes time.

In the 1/48 they have produced a good range. Like all things they go for the vehicles

which will sell well.

The Warrior, Supacat Jackal and Landrover WM1K all have appeal due to all the

detail on them. Go to a Humby and it just a boring vehicle (in my view :eek:smiling3:.

Laurie