Sania Miniatures Ferdinand of Aragon Bust

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

100_3378.JPG100_3380.JPG100_3382.JPG100_3384.JPG

Hi all. You will have seen that Peter Gillson is currently painting his own version of his new bust, but I was honoured with the task of painting one for the box art. So here we have Ferdinand of Aragon, Sarnia's new 1/10 offering.

I think this is Peter's best sculpt to date, and it was great fun to paint - lots of lovely clean detail.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That is excellent. You two are a real team. The sculpting has really captured the look of this guy and the painting has brought out all the detail.
Jim

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Peter has done another cracking job with this bust. The pressure is on me with my version. :smiling::smiling:

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Both you and Peter have created what would be the 18th century equivalent of a face lift.

The sculpt is excellent and the paintwork has taken away the palled life of what could only be luxury and over indulgence, from the portrait.

Well done both Peter's

What next, back to the white uniform?

Best of luck with the pale one.

We're in the tail of storm Etienne here, wind so loud it kept me up most of the night!

Hopefully a quieter one for you?

Have a good day with the white paint

Regards

Steve H

1544252082581.png

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Well Peter... as i see this paint..you really have the skill of creating lights and shadows...SUPERB palette and color

D

Deleted member 6559

Many thanks chaps. It's a great sculpt, which always helps. The reference Peter G used shows Ferdinand during an incident when he charged off alone into the midst of the enemy, and there's no doubt he was a pro-active ruler - we'll forgive him a bit of a double chin (all the best people have them!).

Yes, back to the all white grenadier next Steve. Very stormy here too.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Another wonderfully detailed bust Peter. You are certainly in full flow at the moment. Is there any figure/bust of a famous person that you would like to do that isn't in the market place??