Sarnia Miniatures RFC Balloonist Bust.

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

100_3715.JPG100_3716.JPG100_3717.JPG

Some of you may remember that I painted a box art version of this chap for Sarnia some months ago. Peter G then decided that he wanted to make some adjustments to the sculpt before properly releasing it, so this is the new version with tweaks. Contact Peter at Sarnia Miniatures as usual for more info.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well Peter another great piece of work, certainly think Peter will be happy with the out come.
One of your best faces for me, love the definition with the lighter paint around the mouth.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
John.

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter,
Firstly I think this is Peters best bust so far, secondly your painting skillls have brought the quality out, I for one will never be bored by your callaboration.
Jim

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
A real cracker guys.Love the addition of the scarf.The blue shows up great against the uniform.A real gem from Sarnia and Peters D and G.
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Many thanks People.

I agree that Peter has produced a great sculpt here, and the adjustments have made it better still. Interesting to paint too, with the detail of the parachute harness being particularly well done.

Peter has what sound like some great sculpts in the pipeline, which hopefully I'll get my hands on soon.

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Peter has done another great job.

After producing version one, the positioning of the microphone niggled with me so I lowered it, extending the scarf and slightly modified the face. I think it is an improvement, and the longer scarfe means the 'flash of colour' is bigger.

Peter

D

Deleted member 6559

Jim -Many thanks.

Peter - It was already a great sculpt before the changes. The opportunity to add colour is always welcome.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter
Enjoy the break with Grandad duty, it will be fun.
Looks good, though I didn't notice where the sculpt had been changed.
Its not easy to view on a mobile, so I'm off to get the laptop tomorrow.
Its too risky today with a widespread frost and -3C!
Enjoy your mini holiday
Regards
Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve

Some 'before and after' pics:

100_2748.JPG100_3715.JPG

Just started to snow here! You're very wise not to venture out, especially with a dodgy knee. Must be frustrating not having a laptop though.

I may start another bust before I go away....

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Peter and PDiddy - Those subtle differences to the bust have certainly worked well. It must be a rare thing to see both of the busts together. Lots of options for the artist to do different paint schemes. Cracking work all round gentlemen:thumb2::thumb2:

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Peter. Nice photos of the before and after photos, thanks for posting them.

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve - I also decided to use pure Vallejo English Uniform for the tunic. In the past I added a lot of green to it and perhaps made it too green for British khaki, though it's a funny colour, open to interpretation.

Peter - My pleasure. I enjoy highlighting your skills.