SAS in Normandy - Italeri "Commando Car"

wasdale32

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Hi

built a while back - but I just found the part build photos so I'll post under "completed"

Not a bad kit - updated with Eduard PE

Regards
Mark
IMGP4452.JPGIMGP4453.JPGIMGP4454.JPGIMGP4455.JPGIMGP4456.JPGIMGP4457.JPGIMGP4458.JPG

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Mark, finally someones built one of these and shown it here. Quite a nice kit even without the bling added. Have two on the shelf of shame...haven't decided on a dio perhaps.

Yours turned out smashing. The etch sure brings more detail to an already nice kit. I did drill out my Lewis barrels... a sharp blade did the rest.

Cheers,
Richard

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
got one of these in the stash, was wondering what they turn out like

wasdale32

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Richard

good spot - I completely forgot to drill out the ends until I'd already mounted them - thought it was too risky to drill in-situ as they are very fragile.

Not many images of the SAS in Normandy - whereas there seem to be quite a few in the desert.

The following are from a book I picked up in the local charity shop ( for discussion only)

The first one shows captured gestapo prisoners being transported in the back - might be an interesting alternative to the usual action dio - the second one proves that there were at least 3 of them in the same place at the same time !

IMG_1506.jpgIMG_1507.jpg