Scale Model World 2018

Dave W

SMF Poster
First Name
Dave
Well it's the annual Scale Model World show at Telford tomorrow and Sunday.I'm really surprised no ones put a post up about it yet. So I thought I would start one. Anyone going?. I'm going tomorrow. Leaving Southend at 06:30 as its a 3 hour trip for me. I will be picking a mate up near Stansted airport on the way.And I Will post any photos I take on here probably tomorrow evening.

Topcat

SMF Poster
First Name
Andy
Will be there for 10 on saturday. Looks enormous, not been to it before, went to a model railway show a few years back it was rather empty at that. Have printed out the maps and highlighted the things to see. Sausage sandwich and flask of coffee prepared soon. Nice.

Dave W

SMF Poster
First Name
Dave
Will be there for 10 on saturday. Looks enormous, not been to it before, went to a model railway show a few years back it was rather empty at that. Have printed out the maps and highlighted the things to see. Sausage sandwich and flask of coffee prepared soon. Nice.
I’ve not been since 2014. There’s a hell of a lot to see (and buy). You won’t be disappointed!

Pete Low

"The Toon Technician"
First Name
Pete
Early start for me too travelling up from Surrey. Andy it will not be empty tomorrow or Sunday and you won't be disappointed the only advice I would give is leave your wallet at home.
Pete.

stillp

SMF Poster
First Name
Peter
What are the queues to get in like?

Pete

scottie3158

SMF Poster
First Name
Paul
I went few years back as part of our local club. I was there all weekend and I was amazed at the foot fall over the weekend. It is a very popular show with some great work on the stands. Unfortunately I am unable to get there this year but hopefully next year.

Dave W

SMF Poster
First Name
Dave
What are the queues to get in like?

Pete
Last time I went (2014) there was quite a big que. Just have to be patient and remember the IPMS people on the door are all unpaid volunteers doing their best.All forgotten once inside though.

Mini Me

First Name
Rick
I envy you lot that will be there as we have nothing like this in the frozen north of Montana. In this way I do miss sunny California. Enjoy the show and take lots of pictures to share...please.
Thank you, Rick H.

John Race

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
First Name
John
I know Dave Amos is going on one day.
Have a great time those that do go, come back , poor and show us your loot ! Along with some photos please.:smiling2:
John.

Polux

GB Mod.
Staff member
First Name
Polux
Have you all a great event!
Ahhh....I will miss the show. :sad-face: Maybe next year I will back to visit it again :smirk:

rtfoe

SMF Poster
First Name
Richard
I have a lucky friend going this year on a free ticket won at a recent Kinectic competition that I was judging. One of our best airplane modelers, his name ia Jay Chan and will be following Raymond, boss of Kinectic to the show.

Next time I will ask if judges get the same priviledge as winners before being appointed. :tears-of-joy:

Good luck to your wallets and hope to see some pictures.

Cheers,
Richard

Topcat

SMF Poster
First Name
Andy
It’s 80% aeroplanes at the show give or take 5%, so I was not overly impressed.

John Race

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
First Name
John
I have a lucky friend going this year on a free ticket won at a recent Kinectic competition that I was judging. One of our best airplane modelers, his name ia Jay Chan and will be following Raymond, boss of Kinectic to the show.

Next time I will ask if judges get the same priviledge as winners before being appointed. :tears-of-joy:

Good luck to your wallets and hope to see some pictures.

Cheers,
Richard
Richard or Sir.
A judge !!! :flushed: should we stand up when answering you posts. :nerd:

rtfoe

SMF Poster
First Name
Richard
A few 'figure' shots. TBF i was in by 8:40 and gone by 9:45, only wanted to see the RP guys and SK miniatures today;

View attachment 319368View attachment 319369

saw this one in a recent magazine, think Airfix world but the photo didnt do it justice, hope this does betterView attachment 319370

Love this ;

View attachment 319375

Queues were pretty long and never seen 1 car on the top deck let alone all these;

View attachment 319376View attachment 319377

Couple of Christmas presents (which will be for Christmas Day)

View attachment 319383

View attachment 319384

big chunk of resin and perfect fittings. gone away now;

View attachment 319381View attachment 319382
Dave, really nice builds. Seems like a better quality and turn out. Thanks for taking the pictures.

Cheers,
Richard