Scale Vulcan Bomber For Sale

• Thread starter Bluewavestudios
  • Start date

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
When I say Scale...you can't get much more Scale than this....Full size Vulcan Bomber XL391 for sale on e-bay...!!!Check the link...!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2979&item=5530699633&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Regards.......Mark.
*** Mark it is rotton,magnesium alloy undercarriage legs and skinning have suffered the sea air at Blackpool,doubtful whether it would be safe to move her,they stopped people looking into the cockpit some years ago because of the dangers of her collapsing,she will probably be scrapped on site,sad but she has not been looked after very well.

You know the story,salt and metal just do not go together.

B

Bluewavestudios

Yes I know Barry....just a shame to see such a Classic Aircraft going to waste...thought it might be of interest though...I remember the last ones doing regular flight runs over here back in 1978...always an awesome sight..!!

Regards.......Mark.

D

duncan

Might find a home with the one or two other examples for parts, shame.

K

Kiwi

With the current bid in excess of 1.1 million pounds it would be damned expensive scrap.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Makes me think this is a bogus bid,the same person bought a pair of jeans recently on Ebay ! anyone who could afford to pay that amount would surely buy designer wear and not need to buy from here ?

Whilst this is an excellent marketplace it has its drawbacks regarding fraud,recently 'feedback' has been advertised for sale which I think they have a responsibility to stop at source.

One thing that occured to me is how do you dismantle a Vulcan ? all of these aircraft flew into their respective bases,even the R.A.F never took one apart ie wings off,I do not think this is possible with this design ?

She is a scrapper for sure,even the nose section has been gutted and vandalised.

The outcome should prove interesting to say the least.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
As suspected some jiggery pokery behind the scenes,the highest bid, which peaked at 7,500,100GBP last night, is now down to a slightly more realistic 13,700GBP as E-bay weed out the spurious bidders.

The scrap value was estimated by a dealer today at around £1,000.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
"Buyer Collects!!!" I think that is pretty obvious, I would like to see the postman get that in his sack :smile3:

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Wow ! just think of the possibilities with this one,you could fly from it easily and have a model museum below decks,model car racing section at one end and stage a full size fly in as well,which carrier is it anyway ?

D

duncan

...so let me get this straight, my carrier is 1/24th scale.... !/24th of $6million is WOW. I`m gonna get a balsa plantation, buy Laser Engine factory, tarmac the Club runway, give free kits to all the school-kids, bring Airfix back from China and and and....build a full-sized Lazy Bee....on floats. Seriously maybe the Fleet Air Arm Museum and Swan Hunter could get together with the City Fathers on Tyneside(?) and have a historical attraction cum memorial to Naval Aviation similar to some of the US ships, USS Enterprise is docked in New York. Mohammed el Fayed (Harrods owner) was planning converting a redundant North Sea oil rig as a tourist attraction in the Cromarty Firth. A Naval ship would be more suitable, the Firth having been a seaplane and flying-boat base as well as a Naval base since before WW1(and site of the famous mutiny) a carrier would be ideal. There is at the moment about 15 oil-rigs moored there...but an aircraft carrier would be unique. Maybe we should give him a call ? His country retreat is only a couple of miles from Cromarty. I`d be interested to know her HMS identity too.

Last edited: