Scamp

B

Bluewavestudios

Anyone remember this one...???

This is my Scamp built from the original plans issued April 1980 with Model Maker Magazine...I started building mine straight away, so this model as you can imagine is now over 25 years old and still performs a treat.

There is a 540 Motor in there which provides plenty oomph on an x35 racing prop.

I decided to do a nice eye catching scheme and this one came out well I think.

Grub will know this one as he has built one too.

If you look closely at the pics you will see pics 1, 2 & 4 are as per the original plans with full length windscreens, Pic 3 shows the modified shortened side screens to allow better cooling for the motor through recessed air inlets in the rear top decking behind the cockpit and this helps keep the ESC cool too, so far this set up has worked well.

Plans are still available from the plans service on Scamp MM1301 - Only £5.95 - My Hobby Store

Regards.....Mark

View attachment 13370

View attachment 13371

View attachment 13372

View attachment 13373

jn24-002.jpg

jn24-003.jpg

jn24-004.jpg

jn24-005.jpg

B

Bluewavestudios

Thanks Paul,

Yes I do like the tight turns on this one and likewise have never flipped mine yet, mine is slightly overweight with a larger size battery but still manages to shift on that and produce a very impressive wake behind it.....Mine has an X-35 racing prop on it.

I will agree, an ideal first boat for kids but having said that, built right and with the right motor / battery and a racing prop....this is a very fast boat and is good enough for competition level.

Regards.......Mark

P

Phoenix

i cant find the plans fow this on that site

can someone post them :D

wouldnt mind building one

Last edited:
A

artic-corsair

i cant find the plans fow this on that sitecan someone post them :D

wouldnt mind building one
i'll try and get you a copy sorted out. p.m me your address .

B

Bluewavestudios

Nice Pics Paul, they weren't there last time I looked but looks good all the same. I notice you have shortened down the side windscreens too on yours. I like the way you have extended the inner deck area too with the extra seating...looks great.

Regards.......Mark.

G

grub

\ said:
Grub will know this one as he has built one too.

Plans are still available from the plans service on Scamp MM1301 - Only £5.95 - My Hobby Store

Regards.....Mark
Grub does indeed remember this one Mark, the only problem I have is that when the plans arrived last Tuesday they were in fact 2 line drawings of 2 different cars:damn::damn: . Despite my phone call and the assurance I'd have them in 5 days (working ones I guess), I still can't get jack making one as they still haven't arrived:smile11:. WE did knock up a little straight(ish) runner in half term though:cheeseygrin:

G

grub

Crikey! I've just seen when this thread was started, I take it that means I was thinking about it when the boy was only 3 or Mark had some kind of strange premonition:hmmm: . So...does this mean I began this search 6 years ago? Has any body got a plan they be prepared to copy for me? Also when I said last Tuesday above I meant Tuesday the 8th March 2011. :smiling5: