Scania144L Flatbed

First Name
Charles
This build is probably not my best build, but I did slack on this one. At least, so I think. Regardless, it's almost done. Got a little more weathering, decaling, and a little mod to do before it will look 99.9% 'OK'.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I know what you meen its a bit battered and in need of a respray. Only 99% happy your a perfectionist id be exstatic with it very well done

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Charles, that's one cracking model. As Ian so rightly points out..99% happy!!

To my eyes it's spot on. One well used and abused Scania.

Well done,

Ron

First Name
Charles
Thanks Ron for that uplifting remark.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I can't see any evidence of 'slacking' on your part Charles. That looks to be well up to your usual excellent standards.

Gern

F

FMTango

Ok Ti I need to see what you can do with a 379 or a 359 Pete and a B model KW....Paul

B

Boldman

The first picture made me think you had posted one of the real thing as a comparison to the model!!! Superbly realistic, I really enjoy seeing your models :smiling3:

First Name
Charles
\ said:
Ok Ti I need to see what you can do with a 379 or a 359 Pete and a B model KW....Paul
Thanks Paul. Any reason why just a Pete 379 or 359 models?

First Name
Charles
\ said:
The first picture made me think you had posted one of the real thing as a comparison to the model!!! Superbly realistic, I really enjoy seeing your models :smiling3:
Thanks for the great support. :smiling3:

First Name
Charles
In the process of adding some rust to the flatbed. So far, so good. At least. I think so:

First Name
Charles
So far so good. I still have to blend in the rust with the rest of the surrounding color. Added some diesel spillage, light weathering on the lower body( hard to tell, but it's there).But it's taking shape:

F

FMTango

\ said:
Thanks Paul. Any reason why just a Pete 379 or 359 models?
I used to have a flat top 359 Black and Chrome and red pin stripes. Tripple didget truck and a corvette dash. I loved that truck and still wished I had it in the yard....

P

PeanuckleJive

Amazing work, the rust on the flatbed looks really good too, loving the old and well abused look

Out of curiosity, did you use a standard colour on the plastics on the bumper/ wheel arches, or mix your own? I'm doing a Scania 94 fire appliance right now and would love to avoid mixing to get that perfect tint like you've got!

I'm gonna look so stupid if you've just used matt black....

Last edited:
First Name
Charles
\ said:
Amazing work, the rust on the flatbed looks really good too, loving the old and well abused lookOut of curiosity, did you use a standard colour on the plastics on the bumper/ wheel arches, or mix your own? I'm doing a Scania 94 fire appliance right now and would love to avoid mixing to get that perfect tint like you've got!

I'm gonna look so stupid if you've just used matt black....
Get ready. I am about to make you look stupid, as you eloquently put it... ;) All jokes aside. Yes. I did just use a cheap brand black Matt spray can. :smiling3: On a second, I do not own an air-brush. I have been using spray cans since i started modeling back in 2002, when I started doing 1/35 military models. 1/24 truck modeling is still new to me. I started building trucks at the the beginning of this year.

P

PeanuckleJive

\ said:
Get ready. I am about to make you look stupid, as you eloquently put it... ;) All jokes aside. Yes. I did just use a cheap brand black Matt spray can. :smiling3: On a second, I do not own an air-brush. I have been using spray cans since i started modeling back in 2002, when I started doing 1/35 military models. 1/24 truck modeling is still new to me. I started building trucks at the the beginning of this year.
Typical. Shows how long it's been! I had this idea that it was actually a really dark grey and had been obsessing over it for ages.

Once again, brilliant work. Seeing all these 1:24 trucks keeps tempting me to buy one

First Name
Charles
\ said:
Typical. Shows how long it's been! I had this idea that it was actually a really dark grey and had been obsessing over it for ages.Once again, brilliant work. Seeing all these 1:24 trucks keeps tempting me to buy one
Some trucks do have the grey color look but I've seen a few that a black. -now, if it is the right color I cannot say but since this is a run down truck the Matt look suits it altogether.

First Name
Charles
I decided to add a crane behind the flatbed. The crane will be switched around so the stabilizer supports are not in the way. Still need a little paint and weathering:

Last edited by a moderator: