Sci-fi Figures

J

John Huggins

After seeing Moniac's outstanding builds this has got me in the mood to have a go at one, but have you seen the price of them.

I was thinking of Predator 2 figure & the cheapest I could find with post was over £70.

And by the look there's not a lot in the box are they worth the money.

I have never built one before so I would be working in the dark & I don't want to through this kind of money away.

Can you get them a bit cheaper.

John

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I'm always put off by the price of sci-fi figures as they aren't worth it and the skill is in the painting from what I can tell but it depends on how you view it

Ebay might have cheeper figures for you to have a go at :smiling3:

J

John Huggins

Thanks Alan, I had a look on ebay & for what I want it's £70 + and as you say it's in the painting & I'm not that good with figures.

John

First Name
john
Have to agree sci-fi stuff seems to be a good excuse to be ripped off that's why I haven't done any myself as I have to try and justify the price being paid as Alan suggested ebay possibly your best option

Paul Davies

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Unfortunately people see sci fi models as a rip off. To produce the models the manufacturers need to pay movie companies and other people to use the logos etc so a lot of the price is money that is going to other companies rather than the model company

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi John,there is a couple of evilbay sites that have them cheap,

thank you for such a great comportment ;)

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/animehgk_com/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2654

http://stores.ebay.com/Animehgk-com-Store/Alien-Predator-/_i.html?_fsub=12&_sid=14221363&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

what i do is type in say predator in evilbay or even google it ,when i get the list just look untill i find some think i like,at a good praise

as said above,sci-fi is so over praised ,is a joke,and there has been so much i would like to have a go at ,but cost runs me off ,:rolleyes:

J

John Huggins

Thanks Monica for the links it will come in handy, glad to here you sorted the sword out. lol

John

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Sci-fi and figures in general seem not to be mainstream so do not last long in runs, so are expensive to start-£40 + then they rise in price. If you're dedicated and are good at them then go for it. I like them but just cannot do them justice to fork out that kind of money.

Si:smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
However, I have seen these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-NEW-2004-Hot-Toys-4-AVP-Alien-vs-Predator-Snap-Model-Kit-RARE-SEALED-/301448477953?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item462fbabd01 and although not the best, you get two and for £30 that's not bad-also you can make a board, paint them and highlight and faff without breaking the bank.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
Thanks Monica for the links it will come in handy, glad to here you sorted the sword out. lolJohn
haha :D ,cool ta for letting me know,always the last bit to rush to finsh lol, :D

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
However, I have seen these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-NEW-2004-Hot-Toys-4-AVP-Alien-vs-Predator-Snap-Model-Kit-RARE-SEALED-/301448477953?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item462fbabd01 and although not the best, you get two and for £30 that's not bad-also you can make a board, paint them and highlight and faff without breaking the bank.
thats a great find Si,very well done,as i do a world search on evilbay and that type did not show up for me,

its strange how it all work,s :rolleyes: