Scimitar CVR(T) in the Falklands 1982

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
Slow progress!
Got beaten by the Masterclub tiny tracks.I just couldn't see the tiny holes where the tiny track pins snap when you have to guess where to put them.i've used the AFV Club links instead which are called clickable but are very definitely all too unclickable as well.Tamiya extra thin is good here but faster acting than I expected.
IMG_20200320_150338_hdr.jpg
I used a commercial filter for the first time which was AK for NATO 3-tone scheme.I think it turned the whole thing a bit too brown so I'm going to experiment with that
next up is tow ropes,the Clansman aerials and still got to finish the hatches.
Jon

NIMG_20200320_150415_hdr.jpg

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
Thanks people.
Here's a question about personal gear.A few photos show what looks like bits of web and belt equipment hanging off the outside but I wouldn't have thought tankies would use these.So would standard webbing and belt kit have been issued?
Progress has been a bit slow recently and I'm thinking about a repaint.The filter I've used was too brown.I usedit straight from the bottle and probably should have thinned it.
Thanks for looking.
Jon.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The tank crews would have still had webbing as they would need it if required to dismount the vehicle.