Scimitar & Scorpion 1/48

• Thread starter Deleted member 5496
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5496

These little tanks ??? more reconnaissance armour. Made basically from aluminium.
Their defence, speed, average 50mph.

Taken to the Falklands as the only armour which being light could take the terrain. They were in almost
immaculate condition when they arrived. No practice in the UK . Taken straight from the Blues & Royals barracks onto ship.

The models are basically war gaming models of resin & very few parts. I have added numerous bits & pieces. Would never have contemplated building them except that they are part of the Falklands. They did not as far as I can see perform in the fighting their role being transport.

7yKCcE.jpg
JnetTC.jpg
lbuebo.jpg
2HVn8a.jpg
KSDq8c.jpg
0ei7Ij.jpg
NdoEgq.jpg
jJFWOX.jpg
0kHG2Y.jpg

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Cracking work Laurie, I used to play with these when I was younger.
The tracks are a little slack though, if you run them like that you would throw one very easily. They were as a rule of thumb, one clenched fist width from the underside of the side skirt.
Ps where did you get them from ? I wouldn’t mind some.

D

Deleted member 5496

Cracking work Laurie, I used to play with these when I was younger.
The tracks are a little slack though, if you run them like that you would throw one very easily. They were as a rule of thumb, one clenched fist width from the underside of the side skirt.
Ps where did you get them from ? I wouldn’t mind some.

Thanks very nice of you to comment. The tracks are all in one casting so cheating really.

Nice little things to build. Got to add your own things though to give a bit more 3D detail.

Cheap enough at £18 & the resin casting are very good quality.

Laurie

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
Great little models Laurie.
Both troops eventually saw action,supporting 2Para ,during the attack on Wireless Ridge, and the Scots Guards at Tumbledown.
Brig. Thompson later wrote that he'd always regret not sending a troop to support the Darwin- Goose Green attack.
Jon.

D

Deleted member 5496

Great little models Laurie.
Both troops eventually saw action,supporting 2Para ,during the attack on Wireless Ridge, and the Scots Guards at Tumbledown.
Brig. Thompson later wrote that he'd always regret not sending a troop to support the Darwin- Goose Green attack.
Jon.

Thanks Jon.

Did not realize they did support work that is interesting. Surprised as I have read numerous books of the Conflict & now one
has mentioned the Scimitar or Scorpion. Shame.

Also a shame that they are not produced as real scale models in plastic in 1/48. They are great looking machines. Amazed that
they will do 50 mph. Apparently Alvis listed them at 70 not sure you would live through the shaking.

Laurie

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Apparently they have a lighter 'footprint' than a pedestrian so can go places other vehicles can't.
Pete

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks very nice of you to comment. The tracks are all in one casting so cheating really.

Nice little things to build. Got to add your own things though to give a bit more 3D detail.

Cheap enough at £18 & the resin casting are very good quality.

Laurie
Thanks Laurie