Scottie WC56/57 (ST Build)

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Figures are great and do add a lot to the dio. Love the idea of a sub-station, not seen that before.
Jim

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
My apologies Scottie! I am well behind on this build. Didnt it turn out well! Very impressed mate. Great work on the figures. Nice to see you will be doing a base for this epic build. Cant wait to see the next update.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
Figures are great and do add a lot to the dio. Love the idea of a sub-station, not seen that before.
Jim
Jim, Thanks mate yes i thought it would be different to the normal house. I just remembered seeing one in a the village my father in law used to ive in in Germany.
My apologies Scottie! I am well behind on this build. Didnt it turn out well! Very impressed mate. Great work on the figures. Nice to see you will be doing a base for this epic build. Cant wait to see the next update.
Steve, Never mind, good to see you glad you like what you see.

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
very impressive work as usual Paul.. looking forward to seeing that building come together as well

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul liking the look , have you any experience with comparing this material to the foam board that I use please ?
I've seen this sold in smallish sizes, where as the Kappa Line board comes in quite large sheets like 5 mm 500 X 700 mm @ £5 .15 up to 1000x 1400 @ approx £21.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Scottie, been late catching up and haven't been disappointed, so much to see and the resin stowage equipment, decaling and painting sure makes the vehicle look lived in. The figures are not bad too...no need for apologies. I enjoy your builds as new improvements and detail keep coming at every turn. The electrical substation is something that's not seen before and will be interesting in your composition.

Cheers,
Richard

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Mr. Jones thinks he's behind......I fell off the planet! Sorry for lagging behind on this Scottie. Looks like all the adjectives have been used up so I will just say that I concur with what's already been said and let it go at that. Rick H. :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:

Wookie2486

SMF Supporter
First Name
Martyn
Hi scottie

I have just caught up whilst I'm in isolation from my little trip abroad.
It looks amazing and I think Simon would have loved it.

Marty

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
You are doing some fantastic work there my friend!
I think your figures look great compered to my debacles :unamused:

Nice subtle tones and smooth as silk weathering, very nice work all round :thumb2:

Jim.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
very impressive work as usual Paul.. looking forward to seeing that building come together as well
Joe, Good to see you, glad you like what you see.
Paul liking the look , have you any experience with comparing this material to the foam board that I use please ?
I've seen this sold in smallish sizes, where as the Kappa Line board comes in quite large sheets like 5 mm 500 X 700 mm @ £5 .15 up to 1000x 1400 @ approx £21.
John, Not really mate I like the blue foam, I did try the board you use but didn't like it but that is probably because I forgot to take the skin off. Can't remember what I payed for my last lot, but it lasts quite well but there again my buildings are not on the grand scale of your builds.

Hi Scottie, been late catching up and haven't been disappointed, so much to see and the resin stowage equipment, decaling and painting sure makes the vehicle look lived in. The figures are not bad too...no need for apologies. I enjoy your builds as new improvements and detail keep coming at every turn. The electrical substation is something that's not seen before and will be interesting in your composition.

Cheers,
Richard
Thank you Richard I am having fun trying out new techniques. Some more successful than others.

Mr. Jones thinks he's behind......I fell off the planet! Sorry for lagging behind on this Scottie. Looks like all the adjectives have been used up so I will just say that I concur with what's already been said and let it go at that. Rick H. :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
Rick, no worries mate it is very difficult to keep up with the very fine builds and thank you.

Hi scottie

I have just caught up whilst I'm in isolation from my little trip abroad.
It looks amazing and I think Simon would have loved it.

Marty
Marty, to kind mate I hope he would be happy with it. What ever happened to the chinook you were building or did I miss the end of it?

You are doing some fantastic work there my friend!
I think your figures look great compered to my debacles :unamused:

Nice subtle tones and smooth as silk weathering, very nice work all round :thumb2:

Jim.
Jim, Thanks fella happy you approve.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The roof has been made. First a square pyramid was constructed from stiff card, Tiles were punched from thin card using a tile punch. The corners were then finished using plastic tiles. All topped of with a ball bearing. Using various browns the tiles were picked out then all gloss coated ready for further work.
DSCF2578.JPG

The building itself had the stonework around the base marked in with a pen. These were then painted in various tones. the upper part was pre shaded then sprayed with off white and again gloss coated.

DSCF2579.JPG

A door and window were made from evergreen sheet. With the door handle made from copper wire and pewter sheet.

DSCF2580.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Wookie2486

SMF Supporter
First Name
Martyn
Marty, to kind mate I hope he would be happy with it. What ever happened to the chinook you were building or did I miss the end of it?

Scottie I was building a dragon wagon now I'm in isolation for two weeks I have started to put some paint on it i will post the pictures at some point.

Marty

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Great stuff Scottie. Very impressed with the whole idea as well as the work you've done.
Jim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looks great Scottie :thumb2:
Steven, thanks mate.
Wow. Door is so cool. PaulE
Cheers Paul, glad it turned out ok still a bit to do on it.
Thanks Neil.

Scottie I was building a dragon wagon now I'm in isolation for two weeks I have started to put some paint on it i will post the pictures at some point.

Marty
Yes mate would love to see where your at with it.

Great stuff Scottie. Very impressed with the whole idea as well as the work you've done.
Jim
Thanks Jim, lets hope I won't dissapoint.