Scotties Humber Mk1

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I think I am to late for Rons Recon group build so this will be a stand alone build.

This is the Bronco offering with the addition of 4 crew figures. The kit contains 7 tan sprues, the upper and lower hull, 4 tyres, I green sprue with weapons and equipment, 2 grey sprues with the figures, 1 small etch, 1 sheet of decals giving the option of 4 vehicles and a small bag with the clear items.

First impressions of the plastic show it to be quite well detailed but really nasty ejector pin marks there are 8 deep circles in the inside of the lower hull alone which will be a pain to fill. The other option is to button it up so the inside cannot be seen but I want the hatches open so I will have to put it right.

The Eduard external etch set was also purchased cos you know me I like my bling lol.

Some pictures of the sprues will follow later.

I look forward to your company along the way.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Scottie, I'm with you on this as well...too late for the recon build. You're gonna make me wish I had finished mine as you're gonna make a jem of yours. And before me too. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
There's a lot to this kit. For a small vehicle that's a lot of bits - some do look rather itty-bitty small :tongue-out3: :tongue-out3: Quite a newish kit so should be good. Must be quite well thought of as loads of am stuff available - stowage, wheels, interior, exterior.
Looking forward to this and I'm certain you'll do a cracking job.
Jim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Scottie, I'm with you on this as well...too late for the recon build. You're gonna make me wish I had finished mine as you're gonna make a jem of yours. And before me too. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard
Hi Richard, I will try and live up to your standards.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I’ll be dropping in Paul on this one looks to be interesting

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
There's a lot to this kit. For a small vehicle that's a lot of bits - some do look rather itty-bitty small :tongue-out3: :tongue-out3: Quite a newish kit so should be good. Must be quite well thought of as loads of am stuff available - stowage, wheels, interior, exterior.
Looking forward to this and I'm certain you'll do a cracking job.
Jim
Jim,Your right there are a lot of small bits and the gates are quite big so no doubt I will break a few lol.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Thank you Paul always liked your builds I’ve watch you progress in you builds over the years very impressive

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Scottie,
More bits there than I got for Xmas.... Just put some filler in those pot holes, I use Mr Surfacer 500 and thin it down with either cellulose or their own thinner - outside helps as it stops you falling of the chair...
Will keep an eye on you.
Mike.