scotties KFZ 70 and 7.62cm F.K39(r)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
It’s good Scottie, but personally I preferred the earlier base. It’s simplicity focused attention on the build. With this one the waggon obscures the gun and the downward slope of the prime mover looks a little awkward. I think the snow looks OK though,

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
It’s good Scottie, but personally I preferred the earlier base. It’s simplicity focused attention on the build. With this one the waggon obscures the gun and the downward slope of the prime mover looks a little awkward. I think the snow looks OK though,
Tim now you mention it I think your totally right thank you for thoughts.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks to the great and honest feed back I have altered it again. The wooden wagon is gone moving the focus back to the vehicle and gun. The scene is now a lot better. I removed a lot of the scenic snow and used bicarbinate of soda which is a lot finer. Time will tell if it yellows. But on the plus point I don't think the scenic snow was at fault I think I hadn't given it enough time to dry between applications so I will give it another go at a later date. Finally some foot prints were left in the snow for the figures I will be adding and some fresh snow added to the pole.

Again I would appreciate your feed back.

DSCF2882.JPG

DSCF2883.JPG

DSCF2884.JPG

DSCF2885.JPG

cheers
Scottie

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Truly superb Paul, having trouble with all those cracking bases lol

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Looks good Scottie......Don't think I'd change a thing on this one. Rick H. :thumb2:

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Now that looks like real snow. Top stuff Scottie. PaulE

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
The ground conditions seem to fit perfectly with the colour round the bottom of the vehicle :thumb2:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I agree with Tim but the snow flakes do look large like dessicated coconut but could be like that if churned up...well what do I know about snow. :smiling6: Is the product like that straight from the bottle?

Cheers,
Richard

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul, as a lover of all things wintery, the new snow looks so much better, I love it on the pole and signs. Spot on.
Dan, I finally got there after a couple of attempts, glad you like it.
I agree with Tim but the snow flakes do look large like dessicated coconut but could be like that if churned up...well what do I know about snow. :smiling6: Is the product like that straight from the bottle?

Cheers,
Richard
Richard,
The fault I think was all mine the flakes are large ish but I think it was due to my impatience so the individual flakes stuck to each other and not to the ground. They were from the bottle but put through a sieve. The next time it should be better.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Scottie, if the ground is frozen and hard meaning its really cold, the snow would be powdery like and would be blown around like dust...seen it on National Geographic reels of the artic or scenes of the lake dash to Leningrad.
I'm sure you'll get it right next try.

Cheers,
Richard