Scotties L1500 Kfz. 70

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Following the pre shade it received a coat of Tamyia dark yellow. When dry brown and green stripes were applied. When this had dried hard two coats of hairspray were applied after an hour a coat of VJ off white was sprayed all over. Next using a stiff brush and a toothpick the white was distressed.
This has now been sealed with Klear ready for the washes and pin washes.

Please be brutal I'm not sure it worked.

DSCF2783.JPG

DSCF2784.JPG

Damn just noticed the rear decals has moved I will have to try and reposition it.

DSCF2786.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Attachments

• DSCF2785.JPG
    DSCF2785.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 2

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Paul

The hairspray technique is not something I have tried sincecoming back to the hobby, so I can't really comment with any authority but I like it a lot.

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Not something I used, tried it once and went back to chipping fluid, but this has worked well. You seem to have the hang of it Paul.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Love the crooked number plate Scottie.........but that will never do in the Wehrmacht!!! It must be just so!!......or we send it to the "camp"!! Jawhol ! Herr Rickmeister :tongue-out3:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thought it was on purpose. Love the early spring finish. PaulE
I only wish it was mate.
Paul

The hairspray technique is not something I have tried sincecoming back to the hobby, so I can't really comment with any authority but I like it a lot.

Andrew
Andrew, I got lucky this time I think some times its more successful than others.
Not something I used, tried it once and went back to chipping fluid, but this has worked well. You seem to have the hang of it Paul.
Hi John, as I said to Andrew sometimes are better than others. But I'm to tight to buy special products.
Love the crooked number plate Scottie.........but that will never do in the Wehrmacht!!! It must be just so!!......or we send it to the "camp"!! Jawhol ! Herr Rickmeister :tongue-out3:
Yawhol gruppenfuher I will straighten it sofort.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Certainly looks well worn - interesting to read the techniques used to get the result :thumb2:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
A great job Scottie. The chipping is spot on. Who needs chipping fluid???... the wifes finest hairspray always does the trick everytime ;) :thumb2: :cool: . Keep it coming my friend
Steve, I try not to spend money on aftermarket products they tend to be expensive and nothing that can't be made at home.
Certainly looks well worn - interesting to read the techniques used to get the result :thumb2:
Gerry, It is a simple technique it must be I can do it sometimes.
Don't tell her that Steve, She'll be into your billfold for the funds to replenish her stock! Rick H.
My wifes good she asks me if i need some when she is buying hers.
I would need another mortgage to replenish her stocks. LOL
It must be one hell of a hair do.
Looks excellent to me, Paul!
Thank you mate appreciate it.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking great Paul. The weathering is getting better and better.....