Scotties meat chopper.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Nothing like a real pain in the............to develop a bit of patience, I am feeling your pain as the one I am on at the moment is annoying me a bit as well. Your build is nothing short of brilliant mate.

Andy.
Andy,
Your right there mate, thanks for the kind words.
DAAAMN that aging/weathering looks good
Greg,
Cheers Fella.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The main vehicle is now pretty much done the pioneer tools and details have been picked out. I scratched an antenna mount and added a copper wire spring to bend the antenna whip forward. I also ran a cable from the base to the radio set.

Next to start on the quad 50. I will add stowage later when I have had a look at what I have and what I need to make.

I am struggling to find some suitable crew figures.

Sorry a bit picture heavy.

DSCF2646.JPG

DSCF2647.JPG

DSCF2648.JPG

DSCF2649.JPG

DSCF2650.JPG

DSCF2651.JPG

DSCF2652.JPG

DSCF2653.JPG

DSCF2654.JPG

comments bot good and bad welcomed.

Scottie

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Paul,

That has come out very, very well indeed.

A top effort.

ATB.

Andrew

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
No bad comments from me Scottie, I like what you’ve done :cool::thumb2:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I am struggling to find some suitable crew figures.
Unless you mean figures to show the vehicle in action, any US Army figures appropriate to the period should do, really, other than ones dressed in paratroopers’ or tankers’ uniforms. You can easily use figures intended as infantrymen, for example, because these halftrack crews were equipped and dressed much the same.

By the way, if you want to add an interesting detail, equip one of them with an M1903 Springfield rifle with grenade launcher — it’s not widely known that these AA halftracks carried one of those and a supply of rifle grenades for self-defence.

Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
More great work Scottie
Thanks Mick.
Unless you mean figures to show the vehicle in action, any US Army figures appropriate to the period should do, really, other than ones dressed in paratroopers’ or tankers’ uniforms. You can easily use figures intended as infantrymen, for example, because these halftrack crews were equipped and dressed much the same.

By the way, if you want to add an interesting detail, equip one of them with an M1903 Springfield rifle with grenade launcher — it’s not widely known that these AA halftracks carried one of those and a supply of rifle grenades for self-defence.
Cheers mate, I will look around again. I will have a look for the rifle with grenade.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Looks like all the trials & tribulations have been worthwhile Paul, excellent work.:thumb2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
You can post as many photos as you want Paul, love looking at the detail.

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
Fantastic work Scottie.
I like what Steve Zaloga does with a model this good when he uses just one or two figures to add interest but not divert attention from the vehicle.
Alpine do a few which would suit the M16.
Jon.