Scotties Miniart US Bulldozer

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Time to start on this Miniart US Bulldozer a birthday gift from the Mrs.

DSCF3360.JPG

On opening the box You are faced with a plastic bag containing 33 grey sprues, 1 clear, 1 small etch fret, 1 decal sheet and a length of rope. The detail is a little soft and there is a bit of flash here and there. Typically for Miniart there are a lot of small parts and given the sprue gates are bigger than the pieces cleaning up will not be fun.

On cutting the plastic it is very soft and is time consuming to clean up. The instructions have you building the engine first it is very detailed with some tiny parts to add. It has taken 47 parts to get this far which is only about half way.

DSCF3419.JPG

Hope you can join me again and keep me on the straight and narrow.

Cheers
Scottie

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Absolutely not my kinda thing at all normally Scottie,....DAWG !!......
......These things just make me think of Farm machinery too much:poop:,(Don`t forget i`m from Devon!!)
.... HOWEVER ,as it`s you,(and i always like to see what you`re getting up to:tongue-out2:!!),i`ll be looking in along the way mate:thumb2:,
Andy

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Absolutely not my kinda thing at all normally Scottie,....DAWG !!......
......These things just make me think of Farm machinery too much:poop:,(Don`t forget i`m from Devon!!)
.... HOWEVER ,as it`s you,(and i always like to see what you`re getting up to:tongue-out2:!!),i`ll be looking in along the way mate:thumb2:,
Andy
Andy, I know what you mean. It will be good to have you along hopefully I can keep the interest up.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Typical MiniArt judging by your description. Built with care and patience I'm sure it will be a great model. I have no doubt this will be another Scottie masterpiece
Jim

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Dual winch & elaborate pulley system allows for many pose opportunities.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
Typical MiniArt judging by your description. Built with care and patience I'm sure it will be a great model. I have no doubt this will be another Scottie masterpiece
Jim
Jim,
I'm glad you have faith in me mate lol.

Dual winch & elaborate pulley system allows for many pose opportunities.
Very true but gotta get it built first. :smiling:

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I built the Mirror Models version which looks very similar to that but does not have the cab roof, have fun mate!

Andy.

Wookie2486

SMF Supporter
First Name
Martyn
Scottie I built another version of this bulldozer from mini art and the plastic snaps easily but good on Miniart I broke a couple of the thin pipes and they sent me replacements I will follow along if that's ok

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
WOW!!!....Paul's off and running again folks. That sure is a bunch of parts just for the start of the motor Buddy. Looks like you have your hands full this time. Eyes front and center for this one!!!..........

Prost
Allen

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Good stuff Paul, I have just started my US Crawler 60 and it also has about 70 parts for the engine which looks very much the same as yours. mine is made by Thunder Models and is perhaps a partial rebox?

Andy.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I built the Mirror Models version which looks very similar to that but does not have the cab roof, have fun mate!

Andy.
I built a Mirror models kit before their Diamond T wrecker that like this had a lot of un-necessary tiny parts.

Scottie I built another version of this bulldozer from mini art and the plastic snaps easily but good on Miniart I broke a couple of the thin pipes and they sent me replacements I will follow along if that's ok
Martyn, good to see you fella and your very welcome.

I’m definitely in Scottie
Chair saved for you mate.

WOW!!!....Paul's off and running again folks. That sure is a bunch of parts just for the start of the motor Buddy. Looks like you have your hands full this time. Eyes front and center for this one!!!..........
Prost
Allen
Allen, this will be a challenge for my sausage fingers. Not running on this one as the tiny parts need some serious clean up from the large sprue gates..

Good stuff Paul, I have just started my US Crawler 60 and it also has about 70 parts for the engine which looks very much the same as yours. mine is made by Thunder Models and is perhaps a partial rebox?

Andy.
Andy, are you going to blog it? I for one would love too see it. Not sure about the history I will have to have a look on scalemates.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice looking model Scottie.....appears to be a D7 Cat. I'll follow along if there are any seats left ;)

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy, are you going to blog it? I for one would love too see it. Not sure about the history I will have to have a look on scalemates.
Yes Paul, I will post up shortly. Looking again at what I posted before I must have got confused as I meant to say my Mirror Models dozer is very similar to the one you are building. The one I am doing now is a Thunder Models US Crawler sixty which I think is the first crawler that was made under the Caterpillar name after the merger of Holt and CL Best.

Andy.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Scottie......I'll cozy up next to Misters Eberle and Dewire and take my chances with Matron in case she shows up to calm these two down! :tongue-out3: :tongue-out::smiling5:;)

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
appears to be a D7 Cat.
It is, the only tractors/bulldozers of this kind you can get in 1:35 are Caterpillar D7s, from a couple of different makes. Why they all picked the same one, I have no idea, but a D6 or D8 would be welcome :smiling3: