Scotties panzer lll

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Just when you thought you had seen the back of me I'm back with my next build. It is the RFM panzer lll ausf J. This is my first experience of RFM and I was impressed when I opened the box.

DSCF3329.JPG

Inside the box there are 5 main sprues in a light tan
A separate rear deck and turret body.
one clear sprue
I sprue of poly caps
2 bags of track pins
1 bag of track links
1 jig to assemble the links.
1 small sprue of PE
1 spring
1 sheet of decals

DSCF3331.JPG

DSCF3333.JPG

The instructions come in an A4 size booklet and look at first glance to be clear and logical. The only downside is that it only gives AMMO colours for the 4 choices of finish and does not give an details as to the theatre of operations for each vehicle choice.

DSCF3330.JPG

The moulding as you will see is excellent with crisp detail no flash and small gates. the kit has moveable suspension if desired which is usefull to give the vehicle a better stance on rough terrain.

DSCF3332.JPG

To supplement the kit I have also got the Aber PE set.

DSCF3334.JPG

I hope you can join me again as your company and comments make it all worth while.

cheers
Scottie

Attachments

• DSCF3332.JPG
    DSCF3332.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 2

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Front and centre please. Tea, milk but no sugar and a selection of biccies please.
Looks a very nice kit and I'm sure you'll do it proud. The Aber pe looks very comprehensive but maybe not all of it will prove useful.
Jim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
Front and centre please. Tea, milk but no sugar and a selection of biccies please.
Looks a very nice kit and I'm sure you'll do it proud. The Aber pe looks very comprehensive but maybe not all of it will prove useful.
Jim
Jim, kettles on mate good to have you along. Like most PE a lot of it is left on the sprue.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I'm in too Bro, but I'm beginning to worry about our Jimbo though. It seems he joins builds to get something to eat and drink. I wonder if he's getting fed at home, the poor guy......I'll bring some sandwiches for him if that's ok with you Paul......

Prost
Allen

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I'm in too Bro, but I'm beginning to worry about our Jimbo though. It seems he joins builds to get something to eat and drink. I wonder if he's getting fed at home, the poor guy......I'll bring some sandwiches for him if that's ok with you Paul......

Prost
Allen
Yes mate I'm sure Jim will be happy with some sandwiches, in fact I'm getting peckish myself what's on offer?

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Our favorites here of course. Leberkäse, both Pizza and regular (fein) and/or a half Schnitzel sandwich with lettuce, tomato, onions, mayo and ketchup. Should hold you both over for a bit. Beers on you though buddy...........

Prost (hic)
Allen

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Our favorites here of course. Leberkäse, both Pizza and regular (fein) and/or a half Schnitzel sandwich with lettuce, tomato, onions, mayo and ketchup. Should hold you both over for a bit. Beers on you though buddy...........

Prost (hic)
Allen
My mouth is watering already. I will put some bottles in the fridge.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
It looks good unassembled, that is often a plus :smiling3: I’ve only built one RFM kit, their Sherman V, and it was pretty good. Assembly wasn’t quite as tight (so to speak) as the look of the sprues made me think, but it was certainly easy enough. I don’t think you’ve got anything to fear with this one :smiling3:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Well alright.........back in the saddle again! I'll have a Tetley's and park in the corner......too many bits and bobs for me but I have a feeling you'll be substituting a lot of these for your own scratchy bits here and there Mr. Scottie.......watching with interest.:thumb2::thumb2:Rick H.