Scotties panzer lll

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Outstanding Scottie! How did you get the wheel movement? Are the torsion bars all loose? Superb work all round my friend
Thanks mate, the kit had working suspension so it was just a case of working out which wheels would be up or down then fixing them in place hopefully I got it looking half way decent.

Paul,

Very, very nicely done indeed.

ATB.

Andrew
Cheers Andrew, very kind of you.

Loved the bogie. Always love your gardening. Great use of railroad.
Thank you Paul, it's a lot easier in this scale.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Veeeeeeeeeerry interestinK! You have done a superb job on the base as well as the model.....the crew will really bring it to life and also give it that wonderful scale perspective. Top work Sir! :thumb2: :thumb2:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Veeeeeeeeeerry interestinK! You have done a superb job on the base as well as the model.....the crew will really bring it to life and also give it that wonderful scale perspective. Top work Sir! :thumb2: :thumb2:
cheers Rick, I have spent a lot of time swearing trying to get the figures to sit correctly in the hatches. Hopefully I can make a half decent job of painting them.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Definitely a winner Paul. The suspension looks just right and you nailed the road wheel positions. At first, I thought the fern plant looked a little out of place, but the more you look at it, it fits right in....Bring on the figs Buddy!!!

The only thing missing is a train for the tracks though..............................Just kidding.................

Prost
Allen

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Definitely a winner Paul. The suspension looks just right and you nailed the road wheel positions. At first, I thought the fern plant looked a little out of place, but the more you look at it, it fits right in....Bring on the figs Buddy!!!

The only thing missing is a train for the tracks though..............................Just kidding.................

Prost
Allen
Cheers Allen, I did think twice about the fern as well. the train is there but a bit further down the track just out of shot.

Caustik Filth

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rob
Looks beautiful Scottie! As the guys have said the suspension looks spot on ! Hmm what is that rythmic rumbling I hear....?

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
The base is excellent. I like the railway track idea especially having the tank coming down off the track. Usually the vehicle is modelled climbing up onto the railway.
Jim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
NNNNNNNNNeat !
Thanks mate.

Hi Scottie
The base is excellent. I like the railway track idea especially having the tank coming down off the track. Usually the vehicle is modelled climbing up onto the railway.
Jim
Cheers Jim, thanks for the kind words. I must admit the first pose was for it to be coming up to the tracks but didn't really like the look of it so turned it round and was much happier with the look.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
A hint from my youth, putting your ear on the rail gives even further warning. This was important as the bridge (shortcut to girlfriends' neighborhood) was pretty long and you didn't want to be caught by a train on it.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
A hint from my youth, putting your ear on the rail gives even further warning. This was important as the bridge (shortcut to girlfriends' neighborhood) was pretty long and you didn't want to be caught by a train on it.
I have done that myself mate, just make sure you don't put your ear on the 3rd rail lol

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Excellent bit of gardening there Scottie. Best bit of rail track I’ve seen in ages as well. Tipping it forward like that is a great way to show off the top of the build. Nice one.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Excellent bit of gardening there Scottie. Best bit of rail track I’ve seen in ages as well. Tipping it forward like that is a great way to show off the top of the build. Nice one.
Cheers Tim, I have revisited the track and tweaked it a bit.

The Panzer looks good on it's base Paul, nice one.
Cheers Graeme.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Another Award Winning build Paul. I like that Railroad theme Excellent job.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This is now going on the back burner as I am awaiting some crew figures to turn up. I had purchased the Miniart tank crew but they are awful, no matter what I tried they just cannot be painted at least not by me. If anyone is thinking of getting them don't the plastic is nasty and the detail is terrible. I will be starting my next build in the next couple of days and will revisit this when the new figures have arrived.

thanks for your company and very kind comments along the way.

cheers
Scottie