scotties pioneer.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Just when you thought you had got rid of me, I'm back and hoping you will join me again on my next build.

It is the IBG offering of the Pioneer SV2S recovery vehicle. I am really looking forward to this build as I have always liked this old bruiser. I wont bother with sprue shots but it appears to be nicely moulded and I have an etch set even though a reasonable amount of etch is included in the box. I can also see a bit of scratchery along the way. Finally I have some recovery tools from accurate armour.

So just a box shot. Hopefully i will get started tomorrow.

DSCF2359.JPG

cheers
Scottie

D

Deleted member 7181

I'm in.

I've been looking at a Scammell or similar sized truck to build later down the line, so will be great to see what you do with this.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Scottie, I've seen one of the Scammel series built up and is quite an interesting vehical with morecharacter than the Dragon Wagon. Early in so tickets for the front please. Thanks.

Cheers,
Richard

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
Front and centre please.
Jim
There is a chair reserved mate.
Scottie, I've seen one of the Scammel series built up and is quite an interesting vehical with morecharacter than the Dragon Wagon. Early in so tickets for the front please. Thanks.

Cheers,
Richard
Richard your right next to Jim.
know someone thats built one of these....very impressive
Hope I can do it justice.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
A terrific choice Paul. Really looking forward to seeing all the extras going on. If you need any reference material just let me know. Good luck.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Scottie,
Excellent choice of subject.
Beware of the jib location, it is located differently to the instructions. I will try to look up my source.
Mike

Wookie2486

SMF Supporter
First Name
Martyn
Scottie,

it's been a while since I was last on here. I have to say I have been waiting for someone to build this, if you dont mind me taking a space at the front.

Marty

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Scottie,

it's been a while since I was last on here. I have to say I have been waiting for someone to build this, if you dont mind me taking a space at the front.

Marty
hi mate wondered where you had got to hopwe life is good with you and yours. Still lots of seats left mate welcome aboard.
I'll be watching , as always , hoping to learn :thumb2:
Neil good to see you not sure about learning though.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I have made a start all be it slow.
The fuel tank has been built with some added bling. A lot of filler and finishing was required before the etch could be fitted as removing the kit mouldings left large holes in the tank. When all is painted I will look for a small dial for the fuel gauge. I have just noticed a small burr on the step that needs to be removed.

DSCF2363.JPG

The storage basket was a pain my CA didn't want to stick but I got there in the end. I will add clutter before it gets fitted.

DSCF2364.JPG

The gate is a little distorted but I like that as it would get a little bent in use.

The cummins engine has also been started with some bolt detail added to the manifold and a drain plug. Lots more to do.

DSCF2365.JPG

cheers
Scottie

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
You even added the drain plug :loudly-crying: This looks like it's going all the way and nothing under the carpet Scottie. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
....and we are off and running. Great start Scottie. I always seem to have trouble with CA sticking this time of year especially metal to metal. Keep it comin mate

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looking good Scottie. PaulE
Thanks Paul early days.
Great start Paul, the details are flowing already!
Thanks Andy I think I am going to have fun with this.
You even added the drain plug :loudly-crying: This looks like it's going all the way and nothing under the carpet Scottie. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard
I have just got started on the engine so will add any details i can that my skills will allow.
....and we are off and running. Great start Scottie. I always seem to have trouble with CA sticking this time of year especially metal to metal. Keep it comin mate
Hi Steve thanks mate, I think it may be going off it has been open for a while I will have to get some more.