scotties pioneer.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I decided to try something different on the base. Rather than just plain or all covered in scenery i formed a base that just sits under the wheels and projects forward to encompass a bit of scenery.

DSCF2479.JPG

DSCF2476.JPG

Bearing in mind it is a long way from finished, do you think the idea works or not .

Next apologies to the figure painters.

DSCF2477.JPG
DSCF2478.JPG

cheers
Scottie

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Personally I think it looks a bit odd Scottie

Irregular shaped blob but without the hole in the centre would look better, but that is just my preference

It is your model - if you like it as it is then leave it as is

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Something different is always cool. Like to see where it's going. Fig came out great. PaulE

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Personally I think it looks a bit odd Scottie

Irregular shaped blob but without the hole in the centre would look better, but that is just my preference

It is your model - if you like it as it is then leave it as is
Simon, I value your feedback and I think your right about it.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Nothing to apologise for with the figure, Paul, but I do agree with Simon about the space in the middle.
Wouldn't have a said anything if you hadn't asked, though;)

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Nothing to apologise for with the figure, Paul, but I do agree with Simon about the space in the middle.
Wouldn't have a said anything if you hadn't asked, though;)
Neil, That's fine mate that's why I asked and I appreciate the answer. I always hope to get honest answers to my posts as this is how I improve.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
As someone who has never done a Dio I doubt I know enough to criticise another modeller but I agree with others on the missing grass bit. The model however, is just brilliant.

Andy.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
As someone who has never done a Dio I doubt I know enough to criticise another modeller but I agree with others on the missing grass bit. The model however, is just brilliant.

Andy.
Hi Andy thanks for replying it doesn't matter that you have never done a dio. You know what looks right or wrong to you. And I appreciate your input.

Jason Crausby

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jason
Just catching up now.... it’s superb!
In terms of the blob... I think I agree with others about the gap in the middle ...to be completely honest a model this good really just needs a simple setting to show off its quality...??.
Jason

Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Just catching up now.... it’s superb!
In terms of the blob... I think I agree with others about the gap in the middle ...to be completely honest a model this good really just needs a simple setting to show off its quality...??.
Jason
Thanks Jason that is very kind of you and I think you and the others are right.

D

Deleted member 6559

Good for you for trying something different with the base Scottie. The figure is superb.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I'm with PaulE. Always go with something that is different from everything else. Push the boundaries. Start a new craze. If anything just put the model more central and it would be perfect. I know you like to play down your figure work but I think he's great. Terrific work all round my friend

• Haha
Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Scottie this is a superb model an i think the grass looks nice with the tire marks
really been a great build an have enjoyed it an most realistic an i love the figures
chris

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Darn site better than i have built!!

Carry on Paul

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Good for you for trying something different with the base Scottie. The figure is superb.
Peter, Thanks for you continuing support.
I'm with PaulE. Always go with something that is different from everything else. Push the boundaries. Start a new craze. If anything just put the model more central and it would be perfect. I know you like to play down your figure work but I think he's great. Terrific work all round my friend
Steve, I don't know about another craze, on this occasion though I decided on just a very simple base. I might revisit it at a later date.
HI Scottie this is a superb model an i think the grass looks nice with the tire marks
really been a great build an have enjoyed it an most realistic an i love the figures
chris
Chris you are to kind Sir many thanks.
Darn site better than i have built!!

Carry on Paul
Bob, I doubt that mate.

First Name
Wouter
Hi mate, I like that figure, will suit it nicely. And I'm with the guys one the groundwork, kudos to you for trying out something new but it looks a bit odd indeed.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers