Scotties Puma AAGB

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening Paul,

Still alive buddy and like the rest, waiting to see what you have up your sleeve next. Don't worry about the camo! I don't think Van Gough served in the Wehrmacht. Looking tops my friend…..

Prost
Allen

Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Can't wait for the next step... ;) ;)
Thanks Greg will hopefully get back to the bench tomorrow.
Evening Paul,

Still alive buddy and like the rest, waiting to see what you have up your sleeve next. Don't worry about the camo! I don't think Van Gough served in the Wehrmacht. Looking tops my friend…..

Prost
Allen
Hi Allen I think your right anyway everyone knows he was in the Luftwaffe lol

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Due to some comments received on some previous build about the finish on my builds I have decided to do a quick SBS. I hope it won't bore you and there are many ways of achieving a good finish but this works for me.

Once the main colours have been painted the whole build receives a gloss coat of your choice, I use Johnsons Klear floor seal. This is allowed to dry at least overnight. Then the decals are applied and another clear coat which again is allowed to dry.

Next various oil colours are applied to some card, this allows the oils to leech out. I use white various browns and greens. The ratio of which will depend on the base colours.

Next using a fine brush apply small dots of the oils I tend to apply white all over then dark over light and light over dark so the light colours are darkened and the dark lightened if that make sense. Then using a soft flat brush dampened in clean turps, I use Windsor and Newton odourless. The brush is drawn down a few times until the streaks are a strong or feint as you require. One thing to bear in mind is to try and follow the direction that rain would follow on the vehicle ie down and to the edges.

DSCF2071.JPG

DSCF2072.JPG

As you can see it gives a nice streaked effect and helps to blend the colours together. It looks a little more bleached in the picture than in reality.

Hope this is of some use.

Next I have applied some pin washes and chipping.

DSCF2075.JPG

Finally

Pigments have been added to the hull.

DSCF2073.JPG

still lots of work to do but it's getting there.

cheers Scottie

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi Paul very informative can you write one out for brush painters please I need all the help I can get.
Pete :sad-face:.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Paul very informative can you write one out for brush painters please I need all the help I can get.
Pete :sad-face:.
Hi Pete, glad you found it informative this step is the same regardless if the base is brushed or airbrushed.
Looking great Scottie.
Thanks Peter.
Very nice work with the oils and pigmentS :thumb2:
Cheers Si, Glad you like it.
Great work Paul. I'd better keep practising :smiling5:
Andy, We are all practising mate, hope you found it informative.

D

Deleted member 7181

Andy, We are all practising mate, hope you found it informative.

Yes thanks.

I've tried pretty much the same method before (it seems to be called a dot filter by many) I just haven't gotten the same results yet! You seem to use much smaller dots than I have but many more of them. Maybe that's the key? :smiling3:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Yes thanks.

I've tried pretty much the same method before (it seems to be called a dot filter by many) I just haven't gotten the same results yet! You seem to use much smaller dots than I have but many more of them. Maybe that's the key? :smiling3:
Yes mate that I think is the key small dots and lots of them.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice start with the oil and pigment work. Looking very nice indeed

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
That really is well done Paul. I like the work on the tools and around the back of the turret. The underneath is not over done and looks suitable dirty. Well done mate

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That really is well done Paul. I like the work on the tools and around the back of the turret. The underneath is not over done and looks suitable dirty. Well done mate
Steve, Many thanks mate compliments like that from a medal winner like yourself is a compliment indeed.
Bloomin' lovely Paul!
Andy, Thanks mate.