Scotties Puma AAGB

D

Deleted member 6559

Getting better and better Scottie. To spend a large amount of time doing another superb weathering job underneath is the work of a truly dedicated modeller.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow Buddy,

Looking really tight with the weathering so far. Thanks for the SBS as I tried that method one time on a Panther turret and made a total mess of it. I used the excuse that the commander always dumped out his cold coffee down the left turret side….

Drive on sir!!!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks for the guide Paul.
Esp like the rust and paint work on the exhausts, up to your normal high standard .:thumb2:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Scottie...I've seen that underside before and looks like the wheel well of my old Ford. I don't know if the Germans used the same anti-rust coating but it looks awesome and real. Camo and weathering is yummy.

Cheers,
Richard

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
That painting is looking superb. Lovely weathering. I like the oil dots idea. I tend to put the lighter dots higher up and the darker colours lower down. Very forgiving and subtle.
Jim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Wow Buddy,

Looking really tight with the weathering so far. Thanks for the SBS as I tried that method one time on a Panther turret and made a total mess of it. I used the excuse that the commander always dumped out his cold coffee down the left turret side….

Drive on sir!!!
Allen, Happy you like the finish My first attempt was worse than cold coffee, it looked like he had thrown a cooked breakfast down the side :smiling3:
Thanks for the guide Paul.
Esp like the rust and paint work on the exhausts, up to your normal high standard .:thumb2:

Thanks John hope you found it useful a simple technique but can give some great results.
Scottie...I've seen that underside before and looks like the wheel well of my old Ford. I don't know if the Germans used the same anti-rust coating but it looks awesome and real. Camo and weathering is yummy.

Cheers,
Richard
Richard, If it looks real to you then I'm happy.
It just gets better and better

Peter
Peter, Thank you appreciate it.
Hi Scottie
That painting is looking superb. Lovely weathering. I like the oil dots idea. I tend to put the lighter dots higher up and the darker colours lower down. Very forgiving and subtle.
Jim
Jim, that's an idea I will have to try your way with the dots.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
This looks quite amazing, true skill at work.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Scottie your Puma is fantastic... superb... the weathering is really super realistic and it really "melts"down the camouflage..

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I have made a tarp in my normal fashion and added some equipment to the back. With that I am calling this build complete. Next a base, not sure what yet but will try and include the schwimmer I did a while ago.

DSCF2084.JPG

DSCF2086.JPG

Thanks for all the kind comments and following along it's what makes this hobby what it is.

Not sure if this needs to be moved as it's part of a group build?

Cheers
Scottie

D

Deleted member 6559

Lovely work Scottie. I've thoroughly enjoyed following this one.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Who cares where is goes Paul, its an absoloute work of art and should be part of everybodys GB's whatever the subject. Stunning work mate

Last edited:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Who cars where is goes Paul, its an absoloute work of art and should be part of everybodys GB's whatever the subject. Stunning work mate

Steve, Wow I am blown away by that kind comment, especially from a modeller of your calibre.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Fan, bloomin-tastic Scottie :smiling4:
Your building and painting abilities lift this old kit to new heights....truly amazing what you’ve achieved with a bit of tinkering and a little photo etch....really impressive.
Well done mate:thumb2: