Scotties Puma AAGB

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Hi Paul, I'm doing the slightly updated & re-boxed as Tamiya version on the Recon GB, so I'll tag along to see how you get along.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Sorry I'm late. Looking good so far. My Wayfarers (much darker than Raybans) were in the Corvette, so had to find spaces in the garage for the crap in the way of opening the door. PaulE

• Haha
Reactions: JR

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
This should be good - seven frets of etch :surprised:

I did their 1/48 version and added etch - the engine deck grilles were all separate slats and frames and it drove me mad trying to get it all to line up. At least this will be a bit larger being 35th

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Paul, I'm doing the slightly updated & re-boxed as Tamiya version on the Recon GB, so I'll tag along to see how you get along.
Hi Graeme,
It will be interesting to compare the two.
Sorry I'm late. Looking good so far. My Wayfarers (much darker than Raybans) were in the Corvette, so had to find spaces in the garage for the crap in the way of opening the door. PaulE
Glad you found them mate you may need them later.
This should be good - seven frets of etch :surprised:

I did their 1/48 version and added etch - the engine deck grilles were all separate slats and frames and it drove me mad trying to get it all to line up. At least this will be a bit larger being 35th
I must admit they do look fiddly, that's why on looking at the kit I thought it would be easier to remove the deck completly to make it easier.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Scottie,

looks like your off to a good start on this rather old and difficult build.

Good call on replacing the deck plate.....should be a lot easier than messing about with the kit offering.
i just had a google on that Griffon PE set :surprised:....blimey mate that’s a full on set but it certainly looks to cover everything but the kitchen sink!

I have every confidence in you that this will look wicked mate:cool:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie,

looks like your off to a good start on this rather old and difficult build.

Good call on replacing the deck plate.....should be a lot easier than messing about with the kit offering.
i just had a google on that Griffon PE set :surprised:....blimey mate that’s a full on set but it certainly looks to cover everything but the kitchen sink!

I have every confidence in you that this will look wicked mate:cool:

Thanks Si good to have you along. The etch is designed for the dragon offering so I will need to study the bits carefully.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul .
I'll take my normal seat in the corner, I've left all my combustibles at the checking in stand, and have safely stored away my ticket .

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Good luck on the new engine deck!!!!

ATB

Andrew

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul .
I'll take my normal seat in the corner, I've left all my combustibles at the checking in stand, and have safely stored away my ticket .
John, Good to see you mate.
Good luck on the new engine deck!!!!

ATB

Andrew
Andrew, thanks mate hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew.
Looking forward to this Paul :smiling3:.
Thanks Ralph hope it is worth watching.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
am I late for a 2nd row seat?

• Haha

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Work continued on the hull. I removed the thick featureless offerings from the hull, I should have done this before I started work on the drive train and suspension.
DSCF2021.JPG

These were replaced with etch offerings which look a lot better.

DSCF2022.JPG

All the linkages and springs were added. The detail is not good but as most will not be visible when finished and will be dirted up.

DSCF2023.JPG

I had to remove one of the etch brackets as it was slightly out of position and unfortunately it pinged off never to be found so I scratched one out of pieces of styrene and as I said it will get dirted up.

DSCF2024.JPG

cheers
Scottie

D

Deleted member 7181

Cracking Paul, those etch parts look so much better than the kit mouldings.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Those etch brackets looks far better. Your replacement for the one stolen by the carpet monster is excellent. It is often difficult to place PE parts correctly. The carpet monster will probably return the pinged off piece now he has had a good chuckle watching you crawl about on the floor and then waste an hour scratching a replacement :rolling:
Jim

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Scottie
Those etch brackets looks far better. Your replacement for the one stolen by the carpet monster is excellent. It is often difficult to place PE parts correctly. The carpet monster will probably return the pinged off piece now he has had a good chuckle watching you crawl about on the floor and then waste an hour scratching a replacement :rolling:
Jim
HI Jim what you said is very very true poor Scottie as ive found out but most of my lost bits to the carpet monster is usaually nicked off him by mr hover pushed by SWMBO :smiling:
CHRIS