Scotties Puma AAGB

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The front of the fenders had etch replacements but I decided not to use them as I didn't like the way they fitted probably because the etch set is designed for the Dragon offering so were made from styrene sheet. The kit lights were very light on detail so I have added some bolts tot he front they are a little big but I think better than no detail at all. Then the bases were removed and scratched from evergreen, copper wire, pewter and punched rivets. Some 0.7 nuts were added to the bumper mounts.

DSCF2034.JPG

A little detail was added to the welded plate which was smooth on the kit.

DSCF2035.JPG

DSCF2036.JPG

cheers Scottie

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Started on the exhaust system today. The kit parts are shocking with no depth and soft details. I decided to try and scratch the down pipe to give it some detail. I started off by gluing one of the kit parts to piece of glass then laid some thin foil from a well know pudding over the top and burnished in the shape this was trimmed to size. next a piece of sheet was cut to size and the cowl was stuck on. Next the pipe work was fashioned from tube and wire. Finally some bolts were added. It's not perfect but I think it looks a bit better. Just another one to do.

DSCF2038.JPG

DSCF2040.JPG

The down pipe is waiting to be cut to length and bent to the correct angle.

Next my reference pictures show a panel line on the side skirts and some rivet detail so I scratched in the panel line and added some rivets.

DSCF2042.JPG

Thanks as always for looking.
Scottie

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
To those I haven't bored to death already a little more was done today a little more detail was added to the fenders with some rivet detail. The kit exhausts were replaced with scratched items. The main muffler is the kit part but the tail pipes are aluminium tube drilled out to give a very thin wall thickness. Finally a disc was cut from thin styrene and slid over the exhaust and glued in place.

DSCF2043.JPG

DSCF2044.JPG

comments as always welcome
Scottie

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Looking good Paul, on the Tamiya boxed version, there are some new parts which are better than the original Italeri, but nothing like as good as your work.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Lovely additions and corrections Scottie...will be visiting the eye doctor soon:smiling6: The dangling chain is what PE is made for and can only be replicated by it(until you mentioned your homemade one)...the hinges too. 1/700 scale ship anchor chains twisted is where I would get mine from.

Cheers,
Richard

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Jaw dropping stuff. The light and the exhaust - incredible work.
Jim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Lovely additions and corrections Scottie...will be visiting the eye doctor soon:smiling6: The dangling chain is what PE is made for and can only be replicated by it(until you mentioned your homemade one)...the hinges too. 1/700 scale ship anchor chains twisted is where I would get mine from.

Cheers,
Richard
Thanks Richard glad your liking it so far. I will have to look up those anchor chains.
Awesome work Paul. :smiling3:
Bob, Thanks mate.
Hi Scottie
Jaw dropping stuff. The light and the exhaust - incredible work.
Jim
Jim. Thanks mate you are being to kind.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Time to move on to the stowage bins today. The boxes were formed and soldered up, then the lids added with their catches. Man they were fiddly lol.
The hinges did work and I ummmmed and arrrged about having one of the lids open but decided the contact points of the hinges would have been too weak and would keep getting knocked off.

DSCF2045.JPG

DSCF2046.JPG

The other thing completed today was to modify the wheel stations to allow the wheels to be slightly steered. I forgot to take a picture.

Thanks for looking as always
Scottie

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
and the JAW just dropped... well done Scottie ;)