Scotties Steyr RSO

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The next thing on the bench is the Italeri Steyr RSO. The kit comes complete with 7 figures and a few accessories. The kit is moulded in a light grey and the mouldings are quite soft on detail. Which is just how I like it allowing me to add stuff.
There are 5 main sprues plus 3 more with the figures. Also in the box is the cab, a clear sprue, some vinyl tracks and some water slide decals.

I also have the Royal models etch set. Some tracks are on order to replace the kit offerings.

DSCF2687.JPG

DSCF2688.JPG

DSCF2689.JPG

I hope you can join me for the build.

cheers
Scottie

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I will sit in on this one as I had my eye on it a while back but I got fed up with tracks although I do have one model under the bench with tracks, so you never know.

Andy.

bilbo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dom
Yes this is a great kit I’ve built a version of the kit and I have the nuts and bolts volume on the two if you need any reference material

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
On my wishlist of builds to do. Looking forward to seeing how you tackle this build. Another "stuck in the mud" base would be nice. ;) Good luck my friend

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I will sit in on this one as I had my eye on it a while back but I got fed up with tracks although I do have one model under the bench with tracks, so you never know.

Andy.
Andy, I'm the same mate got fed up with tracks so most of my recent builds have been wheeled. But this is only a little tracked vehicle so doesn't count lol.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Yes this is a great kit I’ve built a version of the kit and I have the nuts and bolts volume on the two if you need any reference material
Dom, Welcome, I will no doubt take you up on the offer many thanks.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
On my wishlist of builds to do. Looking forward to seeing how you tackle this build. Another "stuck in the mud" base would be nice. ;) Good luck my friend
Steve, I was thinking of something along that line I may even try out a snowy scene.

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
I always liked the look of this vehicle, will follow along :thumb2:
Have fun Scottie

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Wow, great group of figs. & a field radio! This pairs up w/so many things. Big towed mortars, various light field pcs., company trailers etc.. One of my favs. PaulE

Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Wow, great group of figs. & a field radio! This pairs up w/so many things. Big towed mortars, various light field pcs., company trailers etc.. One of my favs. PaulE
Hi Paul. Yes it gives some great choices.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Have one of these in the stash so will watch with interest :nerd:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I'm with Paul E on this Scotty.......I really like these tractors. I will pull up a chair and keep a lookout for the rest of the rabble. ;) Rick H.

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Those figures … Going by the box art, they look rather a lot like the old Esci German Camp Rest Area set:

192755-12192-13-pristine.jpg

If so, I can’t quite believe Italeri put figures that date from 1976 in a modern box … Even if their RSO isn’t all that much newer, those figures will have aged a lot less gracefully than the vehicle.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Oooh intervesting, very intervesting........

Have one of these in 1/72. Not tried it yet but have plans for it...

Will try and keep up with this from the back of the room!

ATB.

Andrew