Scotties Steyr RSO

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That exhaust is top notch, can see what you mean about the load bed :anguished: still we know its good.

Retire, you not older enough !!

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Paul,

Fantastic detail and painting as usual. I’m with John on the exhaust… A true work of art

Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Oh, I think I can probably rustle up a good one...

I admire your skill & dedication, the Steyr looks fantastic.

/Good enough ?

:smiling3:
Dan, yes mate that's good enough :smiling3: thank you.
All looking very good Paul, The dirt on the suspension & wheels is really convincing.
Graeme, thank you mate.
Paul

Just caught up on this and what can't say?

A truly outstanding job and it's not finished. This will look stunning once done.

ATB.

Andrew
Andrew very kind of you.
Nice weathering. Used but not abused. Just how I like them. Spending so much time on detail and paint only to obliterate it under a thick coat of mud never made much sense to me.
I know they got pretty mucked up IRL but.
Ian, Really appreciate the comment and I agree.
Hi Scottie
A very realistic look. Do you fix your pigment work in any way or do you just rely on the matt finish to hold the pigment in place? It's certainly very effective.
Jim
Jim, Yes mate the pigments are fixed by wicking in Tamyia X20. and also by misting on flat coat.

Great work on the load, but why cover up that beautifully detailed bed? Why not remove some paint from rivet heads & ribs to further show wear & tear on the load bed & the excellent detailing? PaulE
Thanks Paul, Very kind of you, your right I should have left some of it exposed. Unfortunately it is all glued down now.
Doggone it...you've gone and done it this time and am trying to find superlatives to express what I'm seeing but they've all been taken by the folks before me, Paul. :smiling2: Damn good it is...as simple as that.

Cheers,
Richard
Richard, That is really kind of you.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That exhaust is top notch, can see what you mean about the load bed :anguished: still we know its good.

Retire, you not older enough !!
Thanks John, Just decided it was time, just looking for a part time job now to get me out of the house and keep the bank manager happy.
Paul,

Fantastic detail and painting as usual. I’m with John on the exhaust… A true work of art
Joe, very kind of you mate thank you.

• Wow

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Bit of a bugger that Scottie. Good excuse to build another though as long as you can find he relevant sprockets.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening Paul,
Beautiful RSO and the finish is fine as wine Sir!!! Nicely weathered and not over done. A shame to cover up the hard work in the bed, but you can still see a little of it.

Shame about the tracks...Which ones did you try to fit? If they were Friuls, didn't they come with sprockets? All in all, top job my friend!!!

Prost
Allen

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Evening Paul,
Beautiful RSO and the finish is fine as wine Sir!!! Nicely weathered and not over done. A shame to cover up the hard work in the bed, but you can still see a little of it.

Shame about the tracks...Which ones did you try to fit? If they were Friuls, didn't they come with sprockets? All in all, top job my friend!!!

Prost
Allen
Hello mate glad you like the result. they were Masterclub tracks not used them before.

• Sad

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hello mate glad you like the result. they were Masterclub tracks not used them before.
How did you get on with them Paul, apart from not having the sprockets, I've found recently the quality has gone down , had 2 sets with warped track segments .

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
How did you get on with them Paul, apart from not having the sprockets, I've found recently the quality has gone down , had 2 sets with warped track segments .
John, the detail was excellent, but there were quite a few that needed a lot of cleaning up and they all needed drilling to accept the plastic pins.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John, the detail was excellent, but there were quite a few that needed a lot of cleaning up and they all needed drilling to accept the plastic pins.
Thanks. Glad it wasn't just me then Paul.