Scotties Tilly

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hello all,

It has been a while since I posted anything due to my recent move, in fact its been about 2 months with no bench time as I never had a bench lol.
I have lost the luxury of my room and now have a bit of room in the garage. This may have to be modified later when I am able to get the car in as it is full of my daughters clutter at the moment.

So having added a couple of sockets and some shelves i have a space.

DSCF2488.JPG

The first build is the very generous gift from Allen Dewire of a resin Tilly.

DSCF2489.JPG

This is my first venture into a resin vehicle. So it will be fun, I really hope I don't make a hash of it as the instructions are not the best.

Any way hope you can join me along the way and any tips of working with resin will be greatly received. Don't worry I am using a mask and trying to keep the dust to a minimum..

cheers
Scottie

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Front and centre please. Love these little workhorses. I've never built a resin model so I'll be able to learn from your mistakes experience :smiling2:
Looks a good space you have created for yourself.
Jim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
Front and centre please. Love these little workhorses. I've never built a resin model so I'll be able to learn from your mistakes experience :smiling2:
Looks a good space you have created for yourself.
Jim
Jim, welcome aboard you were right with the word you crossed out

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hi Paul,

So glad to hear that you are finally getting settled and back to the bench. Nice little set up you have there and I hope you have a bit of heat for the colder months coming....

We all know that you are a very talented modeler and will do a fantastic job on this. Time to up your game my friend!!! You'll be fine.....

Did you remember to get the 2 gallon tube of CA???

Prost
Allen

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Paul,

So glad to hear that you are finally getting settled and back to the bench. Nice little set up you have there and I hope you have a bit of heat for the colder months coming....

We all know that you are a very talented modeler and will do a fantastic job on this. Time to up your game my friend!!! You'll be fine.....

Did you remember to get the 2 gallon tube of CA???

Prost
Allen
hi mate,
I do need to source a heater for when it gets colder. That is very kind of you to say thank you. I have a bulk delivery on order :tongue-out3:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Scottie, that's a nice cosy corner you have there. I wonder how the Azimut kit fairs against the Tamiya kit although both are different mediums?

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 5496

Very nice model Scottie. Encouraging to see vehicles to go along side the myriad of aircraft.

Produced a couple of relatively easy resin things add on plus a Scorpion & it's brother (name escapes me).

One thing I have found is that there are, suppose it depends on the skill of the maker, little pin pricks in the surface of the resin.

I tried the Syrelylerez primer which I found hopeless with resin it rubbed off. So I resorted to Tamiya Surface primer which nicely filled in those pin pricks & stuck on.

Looking in on your work. These old vehicles are well worth making. Are you going to couple it with a diorama as it gives a great opportunity to enhance. ?

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Scottie, when I got serious about modeling I started out in the garage, as the missus did not want me painting in the house. Glad that you at least have a nice bench.......mine was a piece of scrap plywood on a pair of horses... I like Tetley's and will sit in the back row. Cheers and have fun,
Rick H.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Scottie, there's a plus point in having the work bench in the garage, it's a good excuse for not hearing being called for house chores, no TV for distraction and you can spray, saw, hammer and curse and swear without bothering anybody. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 7181

Good to see you've got somewhere to work Paul. Will watch along as always.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Scottie,
Good to see you’ve got yourself somewhere to build again :thumb2:
Look forward to seeing more of this:smiling4:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Very nice model Scottie. Encouraging to see vehicles to go along side the myriad of aircraft.

Produced a couple of relatively easy resin things add on plus a Scorpion & it's brother (name escapes me).

One thing I have found is that there are, suppose it depends on the skill of the maker, little pin pricks in the surface of the resin.

I tried the Syrelylerez primer which I found hopeless with resin it rubbed off. So I resorted to Tamiya Surface primer which nicely filled in those pin pricks & stuck on.

Looking in on your work. These old vehicles are well worth making. Are you going to couple it with a diorama as it gives a great opportunity to enhance. ?
hi Laurie,
Good to have you along. Thanks for the info on the primer. Not sure what the end result will be as far as the final scene.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie, when I got serious about modeling I started out in the garage, as the missus did not want me painting in the house. Glad that you at least have a nice bench.......mine was a piece of scrap plywood on a pair of horses... I like Tetley's and will sit in the back row. Cheers and have fun,
Rick H.
Hi Rick, I hope your bench has evolved a bit now. Glad to have you along.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie, there's a plus point in having the work bench in the garage, it's a good excuse for not hearing being called for house chores, no TV for distraction and you can spray, saw, hammer and curse and swear without bothering anybody. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard
Richard,

Very true mate.