Scotties Tilly

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I will be watching with interest as I have never built with resin either and there is a kit I would like but being resin has put me off.

Andy.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I would like to join the Rabble Massive Paul .
Glad to see you back to some sort of normality bench wise after the big move. Don't stay outside too long as it won't belong before the temp drops and it's too cold for the paint. You'll be alright as your Ex R.E.M.E.!

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I would like to join the Rabble Massive Paul .
Glad to see you back to some sort of normality bench wise after the big move. Don't stay outside too long as it won't belong before the temp drops and it's too cold for the paint. You'll be alright as your Ex R.E.M.E.!
Hi john,
Good to see you mate there is a place down the front for you. Tough as nails us REME as long as we had our heaters kettles and beer lol.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just seen this one Paul, but it looks like I’ve not missed anything. Pulled my chair up now, so you may start if you want.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice to see the family allowed you a small corner somewhere on the property mate :tears-of-joy: :smiling2: :thumb2:

Allen is a top man for sending you the kit. Looking forward to seeing how you cope with the resin.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The maestro is back ;).
Pete.
Thanks Pete, but far from being that.
Just seen this one Paul, but it looks like I’ve not missed anything. Pulled my chair up now, so you may start if you want.
Ian not alot done at the moment so welcome aboard.
Scottie, distribution of fire suites all round as John is "in da house" :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard
Just keep a bucket of water handy.
Good to see you back at the bench Scottie.
Peter, thanks mate glad to have you looking in.
Nice to see the family allowed you a small corner somewhere on the property mate :tears-of-joy: :smiling2: :thumb2:

Allen is a top man for sending you the kit. Looking forward to seeing how you cope with the resin.
Yes indeed a very generous gift. At least I have a space so all good.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Looks an interesting build, I've never done a resin kit, so it will be interesting to see how you do this one. Car SOS restored an Austin Tilly, repeats are on More4, worth a watch.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Chair pulled...sorry l'm late...

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looks an interesting build, I've never done a resin kit, so it will be interesting to see how you do this one. Car SOS restored an Austin Tilly, repeats are on More4, worth a watch.
Graeme,
It's a first for me as well and not as easy as i thought. I have seen that episode it was a good restoration.

Chair pulled...sorry l'm late...

No worries you haven't missed much good to see you.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Nothing to exciting to show. it must be my CA, because despite washing all the resin before I started it doesn't like sticking together. The interior is pretty basic I just added some door handles and window winders. Before gluing the cab to the base. I will fit the steering column when it is painted as I dont want to snap it off when I push some sponge inside when painting.

I drilled through the body just behind the radiator to fit a copper wire for the headlights and a thinner wire for the cables. Next the side lights were scratched and added as the one of the resin ones was 50% hole.

The front steering was very roughly scratched to provide a location point for the front wheels as the white metal parts were miss formed and didnt look very strong.

Finally the canvas rail supports were added and some tie down hooks scratched out of copper wire.

DSCF2490.JPG

DSCF2491.JPG

DSCF2492.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Nice start. Little extras well worth while. CA is odd stuff. Sometimes it sticks no problem and yet at other times you might as well be using water. What really baffles me is when you need to stick a few identical pieces and they all stick straight first time except one - and then after half a dozen failures you get that one to finally stick but its crooked!! :angry:
Jim