Scotties Tilly

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Scottie, what's the difference in detail between this and the Tammy one. Looks like quite a lot of deformed parts encountered. But you're fixing it well. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Maybe grease or age of the CA Paul, i've had both. Anyway I agree with Jim's post on the sticking.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Scottie,
Always break out a new tube of CA at every start of a build. Better if you can get those tiny quick fix tubes and use those without feeling the pinch of wasting the remainder of the tube contents.

Cheers,
Richard

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
Nice start. Little extras well worth while. CA is odd stuff. Sometimes it sticks no problem and yet at other times you might as well be using water. What really baffles me is when you need to stick a few identical pieces and they all stick straight first time except one - and then after half a dozen failures you get that one to finally stick but its crooked!! :angry:
Jim
Jim,
Your right on every count it always bonds instantly when in the wrong place. :tongue-out3:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Maybe grease or age of the CA Paul, i've had both. Anyway I agree with Jim's post on the sticking.

You could be right John this is the tube i opened before I moved so is probably off.
Scottie,
Always break out a new tube of CA at every start of a build. Better if you can get those tiny quick fix tubes and use those without feeling the pinch of wasting the remainder of the tube contents.

Cheers,
Richard
Richard, You and John are right this an old tube I have some new ones I will open one before I carry on.

Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie, what's the difference in detail between this and the Tammy one. Looks like quite a lot of deformed parts encountered. But you're fixing it well. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard
Richard,
As far as detail goes I think the Tammy one would probably be better but this is fun and a learning curve.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I too would recommend using a new tube/bottle of CA, as I remember from my IC flying days it does tend to go off. Model looking good none the less.

Andy.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Just one of the many reasons I dislike resin as a modeling medium. I have seen no monetary reason to chose it & the ONLY reason I do is because it's " the only table in town" for that subject. Hope it gets easier for you. PaulE

D

Deleted member 5496

Very nice work Paul.

On the c/a sticking if you get some c/a primer. There are a number on the market. Prime one surface apply c/a to the other.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I remember being told to keep in in the fridge until needed, don't know how effective this is. Has anyone tried it ?

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
If I had tried I'd be dead by now...SWMBO would never let me. :smiling6::tears-of-joy:

Cheers,
Richard
I had some in the fridge, had to keep it in one of those plastic boxes with a lid . You could always sat they were seeds undergoing treatment :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 5496

Problem with keeping C/A in the fridge. C/A performs by using moisture to cure.

Put it in the fridge will produce moisture when you take it out. You can put it in a plastic bag but then you have to bring it back to room temperature before taking it out of the bag..

A tip I read was to put it in a bag with rice the rice taking up moisture. Not had any problems with C/A & going off. Just make sure I put the top on immediately & tight. A good number of times I have to pierce the nozzle but i assume this does seal the liquid into the bottle. That is the criteria sealing.

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Good point Laurie.
Problem with keeping C/A in the fridge. C/A performs by using moisture to cure.

Put it in the fridge will produce moisture when you take it out. You can put it in a plastic bag but then you have to bring it back to room temperature before taking it out of the bag..

A tip I read was to put it in a bag with rice the rice taking up moisture. Not had any problems with C/A & going off. Just make sure I put the top on immediately & tight. A good number of times I have to pierce the nozzle but i assume this does seal the liquid into the bottle. That is the criteria sealing.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice to see the Tilley is off and running. Some terrific detailing as always. We all suffer from the CA not sticking when it is supposed too. I usually find its when the surface is not cleaned/prepared properly or the CA has gone off. Looking forward to seeing the next update

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Cheers guys for the pointers I think I had an old bottle so changed it and no more problems.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
After a number of failed attempts to make a tarp for the back I decided to splash out on the legend models version. It needed a lot of chopping about to get it to fit. It left a large gap at the front hence a lot of duro to fill it. Now it is in place the detail is very good.

DSCF2499.JPG
cheers
Scottie

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
That's an awesome mould from Legend. Well worth the extra cost. Great work my friend