Scourge of the Atlantic FW200 Condor Trumpeter kit

D

deckape

View attachment 21254Ahoy

Here is another of my 1/48 scale collView attachment 21253ections this kit is 4 years old it took a 7 months for me to build I build slow for $129.00 you got to milk the build to get your moneys worth outView attachment 21252. As for the kit in general a simple build straight out of the box no after market parts went into this build just as it came out of the box a liView attachment 21251ttle weathering here and there. This kit is expensive so it leaves no margin of error, so take your time. here is the picture of the FW200 CondorView attachment 21250

View attachment 28233

View attachment 28234

View attachment 28235

View attachment 28236

View attachment 28237

PICT0001.JPG

PICT0003.JPG

PICT0007.JPG

PICT0004.JPG

PICT0002.JPG

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That looks really good Franklyn. Nice one!

Reading your post, you say you built it straight out of the box. I've read quite a few reviews on this kit (I have one in my stash and like to know about potential problems) and many of them say that you should add some sort of reinforcement to the wings. They are made from very thin plastic and the reviewers feel they need some sort of spar to help support their weight. Did you have any problems with yours?

Gern

D

deckape

Gern

I had no problems with the extra support of wing spar on my kit. If the kit is handeled by judges at model shows as such they all have a habit of grabbing the leading and trailing edges of the wings examining the build before they judge the model. setting it down on the undercarriage continueously will cause the seams to open up, if the model is built for this porpose I would suggest useing a balsa wood spar inplace of the plastic, in /general I can see useing an extra spar assembly, i had this kit for 4 years and i handel it constantly I even bumped it a couple good wacks the wings still remain without breakage. any more suggestions I am all ears and glad to help you on this kit. It truely is a wonderfull build and you will enjoy iy you have winter comeing up now is the time to take oppertunity to build.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks Franklyn.

Although there's no risk of anything of mine ever being handled by competition judges, I'm such a ham-fisted oaf that methinks I'll look at some sort of spar just to be safe. One thing for sure though, I bought mine off ebay and it includes the Eduard PE landing flaps and aerials. There's no way I'm going to try fitting them!

Don't know whether I'll start it this winter though. I got so many things in my stash all shouting to be done next and loads of stuff to finish off so it will depend on how loudly it shouts at me! Top of the pile at the moment for my next start is the Trumpeter F-105 in 1/32. That's a seriously big kit and has a very loud shout.

Gern

D

deckape

Gern

Thanks for your reply I am in the same boat I have hundreds of kit that are and are not started in my stash pile as of now I am prepareing the painting schedule on my monogran 1/48 C-47 Skytrain Berlin airlift I alread have her primed for painting tonight I will airbrush the black on the deicer boots, let dry for the night and mask off and start the aluminim paint work. By next week I should hasve this bird done and have it posted here, anything you need or any poblems give me a reply be more then happy to help.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I KNEW I wasn't the only one having problems picking the next one from the stash! :lol

I got so carried away looking at your Condor, I forgot to say "Hello and Welcome aboard"!

Gern

D

deckape

Dave

Thanks very much for your cander welcomeing to this wonderfull forum, I am starting to feel like I am at home already. I have a lot of models and i found a nice place to display them at, Thank You Dave