scratch build venator from star wars

B

baz

hello everyone,

yes the old guy has been at it again, please be gentle on me but here is the latest from my pile of plastic and other assorted bits and bats. The venator class star ship from the star wars saga, not a long build this one and please forgive my feeble attempt at painting I just wish I could get into that side of it, but building is my thing. let me know what you think be honest I am an old guy and can stand a bit of stick.

regards Barrie ( the old guy ) by the way she will be on her way to my local hobby shop TRANSPORT MODELS OF PRESTON LANCASHIRE in a couple of days to go on display why not pop in and see her in the flesh or plastic so to speak.

DSCF6125.jpg

DSCF6138.jpg

DSCF6286.jpg

DSCF6289.jpg

DSCF6364.jpg

DSCF6370.jpg

DSCF6698.jpg

DSCF6713.jpg

DSCF6714.jpg

DSCF6717.jpg

DSCF6720.jpg

DSCF6718.jpg

J

John Rixon

Wow, that's some pretty amazing skills you have there. Did you have a plan, or just building from a picture?

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very impressed with ,this one,great work, ;)

looks good ,very well done,

B

baz

thanks everyone,

yes all scratch built and YES I did have a plan which I found on the good old internet what would we do with out it these days ?. it was a very small plan printed on A4 all I did was scale it up until I was happy about the size which came out at around 32 inches in length. Monica did you get the images of the T34 tank I sent you ?. I hope they were of some help with weathering your model.

regards Barrie ( the old guy )

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Freaking love your builds, how I missed this one I don't know! Top work, yet again Barrie.

F

Fenlander

Ahh, proper modelling. Very nicely done Barrie, I wouldn't even know where to start something like this.

Last edited:
B

baz

Thanks for the comments boys,

starting the model as you know is easy getting to the finished product is another thing some builds go and other do not, you just have to keep trying. Graham I begin by wondering what has not been produced as a kit or something different that might stand out in a crown so to speak, I have also been asked to do certain models in the past in a big scale, start with a drawing and work my way from there, most drawings I work from are from the good old internet and then I just scale them up to what ever size I like or is practical to build. then start cutting and learn all the way to the end.

regards Barrie ( the old guy ) here is one that has not yet been completed ( maybe one day its a long term build )

any idea what it is ?

DSCF0651.jpg

C

CharleyGnarlyP290

Cheese and crackers! That is great. Some seriously fine scratch-building abilities there.

A

american

Gentle on you for what??? Not jumping on you and "eating" the pictures of your ship? I love it!

B

baz

Thanks boys for the good comments,

got a few others on the way being retired or as my partner Carol puts it RETARDED I have lots of time to get stuck in though I do only work in short bursts of an hour or two a day.

watch this space as they say for more

regards Barrie ( the old guy )