Scratch-built 1/350 HMS Prince of Wales (R09) - Build Notes

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Dave well I have just spent the last 5hrs goin through your build as I have hurt my back through liftin all the shoppin into the car yesterday with my wife jen as its an old injury at work but it keeps comin back so im carefull how much I lift an so for me no tiger build today until it esase's off.Now I think your build has been spectackular your attention to detail is second to none an in that small scale an with at times only one eye wow an yes you certainly like your filler as do I but I try an keep the filler to a minimum as my filler is building trade filler an it goes off like concrete an its a devil of a job to sand down apart from some green model filler I used around the props tubes on tiger .an who are this shapeways ? as some gent on another forum told me about them ? an whats this idea if you know that is about the F35 havin only one roundel on the wings what is the R/N goin like the ameicans idea ? an I amazed that you took off the yellow an black safety cheverons around the aircraft lifts an to me they looked ok ? well I cant think of anything eles but you've done yourself proud on this model for stickin at it fantastic :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :cool::cool::cool:
chris

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thank you Dave for sharing this, it's a great tribute to your dedication and skill. Glad it's going to be seen by so many.
Very few people will realise how long it takes or effort into producing some thing like this.
Congratulations.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thank you for sharing the build from the first bit of plasticard right through to the display on the Airfix stand.
Great work all the way.

davecov

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks lads.

I was pleased with the build but it was such a shame that concussion and blurred vision towards the end of the build prevented me from including photo-etch detailing. Still, the customer (Airfix) were more than happy with the result and that is what matters.

Dave

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks lads.

I was pleased with the build but it was such a shame that concussion and blurred vision towards the end of the build prevented me from including photo-etch detailing. Still, the customer (Airfix) were more than happy with the result and that is what matters.

Dave
I'm not surprised they liked it, it is a great build.