Scream and Rant

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Hi all, today turned into a disaster, went to work on my Bentley fitting the engine into the chassis used a different glue as I wanted a quick and solid fix, only problem was it seems a bit aggressive and has melted the chassis where the engine was to sit, then I tried to rescue the engine to find some of the paint come off and where the chassis met the engine that also was melted. What a mess, trying now to get a replacement as I like the model and have the paint for it and some other parts were ready to be fitted.
Grrrrrrhhhhhhh

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Can you contact the manufacturer for a replacement part?

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Hi all, today turned into a disaster, went to work on my Bentley fitting the engine into the chassis used a different glue as I wanted a quick and solid fix, only problem was it seems a bit aggressive and has melted the chassis where the engine was to sit, then I tried to rescue the engine to find some of the paint come off and where the chassis met the engine that also was melted. What a mess, trying now to get a replacement as I like the model and have the paint for it and some other parts were ready to be fitted.
Grrrrrrhhhhhhh
daaaaaamn what kind of glue you used.... sounds like Alien blood... ;) :smiling:... hope you will find a solution..

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sorry to read of that happening Mark. Hope you can save it .
Like Greg I'd also like to know what the make was .

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
It was Roket max usually been ok but it seems to have reacted badly with either the paint or lacquer, it looks weird like the plastic expanded into a big blob. Won't do be doing that again, I'm hoping to get another kit and start again, fingers crossed on fleabay.

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Update, managed to get one of Ebay, only a few available most out of stock, it was listed with two prices but the seller sold it to me for the cheaper price. YIPPEE :smiling3:

Jason Crausby

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jason
Hope you get it sorted Bortig.... there's nothing more disheartening than self inflicted damage.... I was adding the final touches to a figure the other day and gave a paint bottle a vigorous shake only to bash the figure on the head which removed the head and an arm completly... still missing fingers from his hand!!!
Jason.

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Aaaahhh, yeah now I've sourced a new kit will start again and use the parts I'd already sorted out, just a real pain it was going so well.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mark
That is odd indeed. Roket Max is a gel/thick CA glue. I've never had CA react badly. Maybe that particular glue has something extra? I'd do a bit of testing on some spare/scrap bits and pieces to see how it goes. Glad you sourced another kit. I once dropped a canopy on the floor, pushed back my chair to pick it up and rolled the chair wheel over it and wrecked it. People within a 5 miles radius were probably offended by my colourful language :rolling:
Jim

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
I think it might be because it was max which is to fill gaps, I think it reacted and expanded making a right awful mess. Tried it on a spare spruce just as a blob this was ok but joined two spruces together where it went white and made the joint expand. Lesson learnt. Can't wait for the kit to arrive tomorrow, at least I know how it all went together.