Sculpt for art classes: Barry

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi all

From time to time I give classes to one of our local art groups. My next one is on portrait drawing so I decided to sculpt this as an aid to facial structure. He is called Barry since early on his teeth made him look like Barry Gibb. He is at approx 1/3 scale so just over 3 inches high from chin to cranium. He can open his mouth which is held closed with a magnet.

barry.jpg

John

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi John.
What a lucky art group if you do this.Id be thrilled to bits if i was there to watch the process.My sculpting finished nearly 2 years ago.Just didnt go well.Barry looks excellent.What is he made in?.
Top stuff.
Richard

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks Richard and Steven and everyone. I usually sculpt using either Magic sculpt or Apoxie sculpt. They are basically very similar products. This one is Apoxie sculpt. I am working on painting him now.

John

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks Mick

So Barry has been painted and he is very happy about it. There is no green it's just the lighting, BTW if you want to get a subtle shine on something here's a tip use furniture polish, That is what I used to get a boney shine and of course the highest bits get the most shine as frequently happens with real objects that are handled.

barry done.jpg

John