Sculpting a 1/32 Figure in Polymer Clay from Scratch

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Neil a great SBS, with artistic sculpting skills .
Definitely a winner of the dogs award.
2020DB.jpg
Congratulations from the Committee here at Race Towers.

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
A fantastic follow Neil, you have made it look far too easy and achievable. I think I would be overjoyed if I achieve a version of 'Morph' after a week trying to get anything similar. I will have a go though!

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Excellent job Neil. I have never used Bees putty but I have worked with Sculpey and Fimo both of which seem to be similar. Good luck with the future casting.

John

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
A fantastic follow Neil, you have made it look far too easy and achievable. I think I would be overjoyed if I achieve a version of 'Morph' after a week trying to get anything similar. I will have a go though!
Cheers Jack that's very kind.
I would love to see the result

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Excellent job Neil. I have never used Bees putty but I have worked with Sculpey and Fimo both of which seem to be similar. Good luck with the future casting.

John
Thank you kindly, John.
Yes very similar to Fimo and Sculpey, it's been a while since I used either so I would hesitate to make a more in-depth comparison, but I did find it very easy to use, especially with the different levels of firmness at one's fingertips. I know you can mix stuff into Fimo to get it firmer, not sure about Sculpey

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Neil,
Great build and tutorial, I will be back to take notes for future reference.
As for puttees, we used to wear them in the late 1960's rather than the canvas issued one piece anklet things. To put them on, they were first wound with the tape on the inside and then rolled up. They were always wound to the rear from the outside, so for the right leg it would be, hold the end on the inside covering the top of the boot, then unwind out and to the rear, and round back to the inside. Once in place the tape was wound around and then fed in and around the tape so that it twisted, it was never tied. The reason being if you needed a sling or strap for a splint it could be removed with one hand... And the same with the leather boot laces, we tied a knot in one end and fed the lace from the bottom outer lace hole, over and over to the top, the lace was then wound around the top of the boot usually leaving the last hole free, and again winding the lace around the whole lace to secure it and never tying it.
Cheers,
Mike.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Neil,
Great build and tutorial, I will be back to take notes for future reference.
As for puttees, we used to wear them in the late 1960's rather than the canvas issued one piece anklet things. To put them on, they were first wound with the tape on the inside and then rolled up. They were always wound to the rear from the outside, so for the right leg it would be, hold the end on the inside covering the top of the boot, then unwind out and to the rear, and round back to the inside. Once in place the tape was wound around and then fed in and around the tape so that it twisted, it was never tied. The reason being if you needed a sling or strap for a splint it could be removed with one hand... And the same with the leather boot laces, we tied a knot in one end and fed the lace from the bottom outer lace hole, over and over to the top, the lace was then wound around the top of the boot usually leaving the last hole free, and again winding the lace around the whole lace to secure it and never tying it.
Cheers,
Mike.
Could you explain that again please , I've now got the tape round my left leg having started on the right :surprised::smiling::nerd: