sculpting blogs

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi all.
If anybody is interested i might start to post some Wips when i sculpt stuff.No its not a shop window for my commercial releases.Just trying to maybe generate some interest if anybody might take the plunge and have a go at sculpting.Sculpting takes a fair bit of time to do and indeed master.Im a care for my wife so im fairly busy and will try and post as much as i can.
Cheers from Richard

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Great idea Richard,
I like sculpting too but it takes a lot of time indeed, so it's been a while.
Looking forward to your see your wips and tips, have fun :thumb2:
Steven

D

Deleted member 6559

I'd love to see how you go about it Richard. A dark art to me and any tips that might help improve my figures would be most welcome.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Richard
Although l may never sculpt anything I would enjoy seeing how it's done. I am sure your approach will be useful when just altering/adapting figures.
Jim

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I'd be interested in the process of sculpting - it's not something I've ever attempted, and I'm curious as to how it is done properly
Dave

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Very much interested, would love to see how its done :nerd:

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi chaps.
Thanks for dropping by.I will see what Alchemy we can conjure up soon.
stay safe ok.
Rich

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Always open to a good SBS. I find I can usually make use the skill somewhere, even if it isn’t in making a full sculpt.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I'm pulling a chair up for this Richard.

Cheers,
Richard

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Sounds like a good idea. Unfortunately the member that started the Master class series stopped posting so it would be great if you could Richard.
But as the name Master class indicates, please go into as much detail as you can in the posts.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Sounds like a good idea. Unfortunately the member that started the Master class series stopped posting so it would be great if you could Richard.
But as the name Master class indicates, please go into as much detail as you can in the posts.
Hi Ian
I will do my best to give some hints about sculpting and materials etc.Im certainly not an accomplished sculptor but muddly by my own way.
Cheers now
Richard

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thank you for your interest guys.I will do my best to share tips and recommendations for materials and tools.Maybe Neil M can chip in a few wrinkles to help along the way.
Stay safe.
Richard

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Great to see you running this blog Richard. Will you be covering off adjusting 1/35 scale figures with new limbs at all?

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Thank you for your interest guys.I will do my best to share tips and recommendations for materials and tools.Maybe Neil M can chip in a few wrinkles to help along the way.
Stay safe.
Richard
I will be happy to Richard, thank you for the invitation

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Great to see you running this blog Richard. Will you be covering off adjusting 1/35 scale figures with new limbs at all?
Hi Steve.
I dont dabble in 1.35th.Im usually into 1.12th and 1.10th busts.Converting 1.35th plastic figures and 120mm ones by Dragon is a great way to start sculpting.
Rich

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Guys.
Im touched by the interest in sculpting blogs.Theres a but,Ive only seriously been sculpting for 3 years this August.I feel im not a Master to provide tomes of wisdom and advice.Ive only sculpted busts and never sculpted arms or hands on anything yet.Sculptors like Carl Reid and Maurice Corry have done this for 30 years.Id feel like a charlatan trying to sound like a true expert.
Hope you all understand.I can give advice on Materials and appraisals of them ive used.Putties are a personal choice for example and I might like say Magic Sculp and another might hate it..
The thing i advice on anyone contemplating it is watch youtube videos by Greg Girault and Ebroin song and get good anatomical references to start making basic manequins.
Stay safe and Happy New year to all.Heres to a better 2021.
Richard