Sea Trials

B

Bunkerbarge

I have never been a member of a forum before so I thought I would kick off with a photo of the sea trials of my Steam Coaster.

I feel a bit self concious posting photo's of my own boat so if any one wants to see any more please let me know.

The model is a Mountfleet Ben Ain kit which I thought cried out for a steam plant rather than an electric motor. If anyone is interested in the plant I will follow up with a description.

The boat has so far taken about a year and a half and I haven't even got the quarter deck on yet. Most of this time has been spent on the steam plant and getting it reliable and useable without the luxury of having the plant open to see. Quite a challenge but very satisfying.

By the way if the picture does not appear I will try again. I am not over confident of this at the moment.

View attachment 7756

/monthly_2005_07/16-01-05-40WittonParkBenAin69.jpg.c7b685c742b2e66a369319beee58240f.jpg

View attachment 13051

16-01-05-40WittonParkBenAin69.jpg

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Hi Bunkerbarge welcome to the forum, I noticed you are from Halifax, so am I where do you go sailing?

B

Bunkerbarge

Hi John, Thanks for the welcome. I sail with the Kirklees lads on a Sunday Morning and sometimes on a Wednesday afternoon at Witton Park Batley. A really nice bunch of guys who made me feel very welcome and I thoroughly enjoy my Sunday morning sesions.

A

adzam

Welcome BB, feel free to post as many pics and details of your model.

looking nice on the water there

D

dipstick

looks like it is going to be a fantastic model when she is finished:goodluck:

i would like to see some pics when its finished.

chris

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
A warm welcome Bunkerbarge,thats a nice looking model that you have there,you are doing fine with the photographs,no worry.